Chapter 122

He stepped forward, his fist jabbing at me. I stepped into his punch and slid my left hand up his arm, closing in on him. I grabbed his collar, wrapped one leg around his, and spun, throwing him forward.

  Han staggered but didn't fall, and he quickly turned to face me as I went to attack with a jab. He blocked it with his arms, and as I pulled my arm back to combo into a cross punch, he ducked down and attempted to hook my ribs.

  I checked his fist with my arm and jumped back simultaneously to gain distance. He didn't let up and kicked off the ground toward me with a straight punch. I checked his arm, swinging it out to the side, and my first connected with his jaw.

  His eyes widened briefly before narrowing, and he quickly grabbed my arm.

  "H-EYYYY!" I cried out as he tossed me. I bounced several times before spinning and twisted to land and slide on my feet to stop. "What the he-NGH!" I ducked as his fist came at me with a force powerful enough to cause a small shockwave as it missed.

  "You landed a hit." He smiled wide, his eyes filled with pride and anger. "That means you've gotten better. So," he went to punch me again, and I rolled to the side. "That means I can take it up a notch."

  "Han! Stop it!" Sora cried out. "You're going to kill him!"

  "Stay out of this, Sora!" Han demanded, his eyes never leaving me. "Now, Kichirou." He cracked his knuckles against his hand. "How about you show me what you can really do."

  A sickening smile crept across my lips as I lowered myself to all fours. "You want to see my true power?" I asked, my eyes glowing as I prepared to lunge. "Fine then. Let's get real!" I jumped at him like a rabbit and spun, my foot connected with his arm.

  "HNGH!" The strength of my kick caused him to stagger slightly, and his stance broke. I used that opportunity to unleash a flurry of quick but weak strikes that connected with his stomach, chest, and face before backflipping away as he regained his posture. "I see now." He growled, his eyes and hair glowing a deep crimson. "You like to dance around your opponents rather than fight them head-on."

  "I wouldn't say that." I bounced from one leg to the other as I motioned my hand in a 'come and get me' gesture.

  "That may work on monsters," Han charged at me, and I braced myself as he drew in. "But not on me!" He swung his fist, and I ducked under and around it. I went to hook my fist into his ribs, but his hand swatted down and connected with the side of my face and sent me flying back.

  "Shit! That hurt!" I thought as I attempted to catch myself, but Han was already on me. He grabbed my leg, arced me through the air, and slammed me into the ground.

  "GAH!" I hacked up blood that splattered over Han's face. He smiled before tossing me again. I caught myself and skidded on all fours as I glared at him.

  "Heh...." I watched as my blood fused into his skin. "See." His crimson eyes gleamed at me. "Nothing but an over-egoed child."

  I clicked my tongue as my eyes glowed with his.

  "STOP IT!" Ruby cried out. "You're hurting him, Han!" Neither of us listened to the girls.

  "Fine," I growled. "I guess, just this once, I'll lock-in." I ran at him momentarily before hopping into the air, jumping from ripple to ripple as I closed in.

  "What the he-NGH!" He dodged as I released a spin kick at him. He went to grab me again, but I zipped up his arm and to the other side of him, releasing another spin kick that connected with the side of his head.

  I kicked another ripple toward him, landing on the ground on all fours. I lifted my legs and kicked them both like a rabbit as they connected to his chest and staggered him back. I crossed my hands and twisted as he caught himself and went to attack me. I brought myself closer to the ground, and my legs swept his from under him. I pushed up with my hands and sent myself into the air as he fell and twisted as I kicked off a ripple.