Chapter 112

"Huh?" I glanced over at Nana. "What do you mean it doesn't work like that?"

  "Well, I spoke to Azrael once a few hundred years ago, and I asked him how his reincarnation worked." She started. "I asked him if his reincarnation is like losing himself and being taken over by the soul of the Demon King. He said that wasn't how it worked. If I remember correctly, he said that the previous Demon King's voice and spirit resides within the body until you accept them. At that point, you gain all the power of that Demon King and all the previous ones."

  "....Seriously..." My face dropped.

  "He did mention that if the new vessel refuses to accept the power, or if the vessel is ever in danger of being killed, the soul of the previous Demon King can take over the body to save it or show off the power that they could have if they accept the Demon King." She put a hand to her chin. "I feel like I'm forgetting-Ah!" She snapped her fingers. "If the new vessel continues to refuse the Demon King, then the Demon King can forcefully make him accept his power by slowly merging his Mana and Miasma with the vessel. At that point, the vessel would awaken as the Demon King, regardless of accepting it or not."

  "Ngh!" I grit my teeth. "Azrael!"

  "Again, you never asked how it worked. You only assumed I would take over your body out of fear. Though I may have said and done some things that made you think that. But it was only so I could scare you into accepting me."

  "That's not how that works! If anything, you scared me into not wanting to accept you!"

  "Bunny?" Nana tilted her head. "Oh, you're talking to Azrael, aren't you." She giggled. "Tell him I said hi."

  "I hear you, sweet little rabbit."

  "Don't talk to my Nana like that!" I snapped.

  "What? What did he say?" Nana chuckled.

  "He called you a sweet little rabbit!"

  "Awww. Azzy." Nana blushed and rested a hand on her cheek. "Always with the flattery." She waved her other hand.

  "Nana!"

  "What?" She frowned. "You never flatter me, so Azrael always did."

  "WHAT!?" My voice cracked.

  "Whenever you weren't around, he would tell me how pretty I was. He did say he'd never say any of it in front of you because he knew you'd kill him." She laughed softly. "I didn't like it at first, but when he started to use his magic to look like you-"

  "He what?" My eyes narrowed as I glared at her. "Did you-"

  "Mate with him?" She smiled. "I can't remember." She shrugged. "It was such a l-AH!" She cried out as I grabbed her wrist and pulled her toward me.

  "Hey!" Nia rebelled as Nana pressed into her side.

  "Answer my question," I growled as my eyes illuminated her face.

  "Mmm." She shivered. "I won't ever tell."

  "Azrael!"

  "I didn't! I swear!" He answered fearfully. "Damnit! I replied out of habit. I forgot I don't have a physical form, so it's not like you can kick my ass or anything." He grumbled.

  "Oh, good." I sighed as I let go of Nana.

  "Aww. Did he tell you?" She pouted.

  "Tsk!" I raised my head and leered down at her. "I swear. I'll get you back for that."

  "Hey!" Nia forced my gaze to hers. "Pay attention to me!"

  "Sorry." I smiled sheepishly. "I'll make it up to you, I promise." I pressed my forehead to hers, and the weight on my shoulders and the knot in my stomach vanished for the first time in months.

  I wasn't going to be taken over by Azrael. I was still going to be me. I was happy about that. But that only resolved one issue. The other lied in the fact of whether I was Bunny or Kichirou. I still didn't know the answer to that as the memories of both lives swirled in my head.

  "Good." Nia purred. "But you need to make it up to me now."

  "Right now?" I asked. "But how-"

  "HEY!" I watched as Nia picked Nana up and threw her back into the carriage. I felt the air change as she cast another spell.

  "Now they can't hear us, open the window, or leave the carriage." Nia purred devilishly as she began to run her hands up my torso. "So," she leaned close to my neck. "Take me now, Bunny." She chomped onto my neck softly as I pushed her onto her back.

  "What the hell was that!?" Nana demanded as she pushed through the window the second Nia lifted the spell.

  "What happened?" Sora asked worriedly as her head poked through the curtain. "Were we attacked? We couldn't leave the carriage."

  "N-No." I laughed sheepishly. "It was nothing like th-"

  "They had sex!" Nana declared as she pointed at me. "Look at that stray! She's licking all over his neck because she's been satisfied!"

  "What!" Sora gasped.

  "Oh, damn," Han commented as he appeared through the curtain. "She's right. His shirts on backward."

  "Is it!?" I looked down to see that it was, indeed, backward. "Damn," I grunted as I slipped my arms through the sleeve to turn it around.

  "There's no point!" Sora growled as she grabbed my shirt collar.

  "Wh-AHHH!" I cried out as she pulled me through the window.

  "Han!" She glared at him as she began to remove my shirt forcefully. "Go to the front and drive. You too, Nana!"

  "Understood." Han grinned down at me before climbing to the front.

  "No way!" Nana denied. "I want in on this t-"

  "GO!" Sora demanded. Nana squeaked before climbing to the front with Nia and Han.

  "R-Ruby!" My voice cracked as she removed my shoes while I attempted to kick away. "You too! Wh-whats gotten into the two of you!?"

  "You can't blame us." Ruby frowned as Sora licked my chest to my neck, making me shiver. "You weren't around last night to pleasure us. We thought we were going to wait until tonight, but then you went ahead and did it with Nia behind our back."

  "When will you learn to stop showing favoritism?" Sora asked as Ruby kissed my abdomen while slowly removing my belt. "It's not fair to us."

  "It's not my fault you aren't cat girls!" I bit my tongue

  "Oops."

  "Wrong answer." Sora scowled as she pressed a finger to my jugular. "The correct answer is...?" She paused, waiting for me to answer.

  "I...I don't have any favorites?" I asked more than answered.

  "Nope." She pressed her finger harder against my jugular as she leaned closer. "The correct answer is...?" She asked again, her words carrying malice.

  "S-Sora..." My eyes glowed as they teared up slightly. "Please."

  "The correct answer is!" Her finger pressed in deep, hitting my pressure point.

  "AARF!" I barked as tears fell from my face.

  "Good boy." She smiled wickedly. "Now, stay there and accept your punishment."