Chapter 109

We stocked up on food, water, and other necessities.

  "Say, I purchase carriages for you all the time, don't I?" Luisham started. "But I heard that you managed to accumulate a large sum of gold." He looked at me. "Is this true, Bunny."

  "Don't call me that," I scowled.

  "Is it not your real name?" He smiled.

  "What's he talking about?" Sora asked.

  "Bunny is the nickname Nana calls him," Ruby explained. "It's not his real name."

  "On the contrary," Luisham grinned wide at me as I clicked my tongue.

  I knew what he was doing. He wasn't exposing who or what I was, but he was playing with me. He wouldn't reveal the whole truth about me, but he'd tell some truth about me to my party. I wasn't sure if it was a warning from him or something else.

  "His real name is Bunny, and his nickname is Kichirou."

  "Huh?" Han's face dropped. "Are you serious?"

  "Why don't you tell them, Bunny." Lusiham smiled devilishly. "Or I will." I sensed the threat in his words and eyes.

  "Mmm," I grumbled uncomfortably. "He's right."

  "What!?" Sora exclaimed. "So you lied to us about yourself?!"

  "Why would you do that!?" Ruby shouted.

  "Look at how they're reacting to the name thing. Imagine if it was about me being an Evolved Monster..."

  "W-well-"

  "Nana! Throw a dog a bone! Get me out of this!"

  "Fine," she sighed. "I guess I'll help you free of charge this time."

  "Bunny has always been embarrassed about his name," Nana laughed weakly. "Our parents were terrible name-givers. I mean, my name is Nana. It's not as bad as Bunny-"

  "Hey!" I barked.

  "But it's still bad." She finished.

  "I like your name, though," I grumbled.

  "Hehe." Nana placed her hands behind her back and giggled. "I know." She looked back at my party. "That's why we came up with a nickname for him that he tells everyone is his actual name. I don't like the nickname, though, and prefer to call him by his actual name. So, we tell everyone what I call him is a nickname. And I like it that way because I'm the only one saying his real name."

  "So.." Sora's hair covered her eyes. "You've had leverage over us this entire time?" The atmosphere grew heavy.

  "Yep! Yep! Yep!" Nana chuckled as she jumped up and down in excitement.

  "Then I'll deal with you later. As for you, Bunny," Sora's gaze slowly turned to me, and I let out a soft squeal as she pulled her whip out. "I thought Nana had the complex."

  "Sh-she does!"

  "Really!?" She cracked the whip on the ground near my feet.

  "EEEK!" I squeaked as I jumped back. 

  "Because to me, it looks like you both have a complex! I bet you treating her like that and controlling her love life is the reason for hers!" She cracked the whip at me again.

  "N-No! I swear! It's the other way ar-AHHHAHAHAAAA!" I cried out as the whip lashed my arm.

  "Liar! You're a liar!" She began cracking the whip at me constantly. "Stop dodging!" She demanded as I evaded each one.