𝕬 𝖘𝖈𝖆𝖗𝖞 𝖒𝖊𝖘𝖘

Warning: This part contains mentions of drugs, depression, self-harm and mental illness so in case you don't find it comfortable, you can skip this part

She wanted to calm him but for that, she had to calm herself first. She was instinctively walking backwards because of all the violent chaos which soon stopped when the darts in his grip were all gone. The room fell silent. Only his pants and her heels screeching backwards were audible. She was horrified by the scene. Anyone would be. Her feet stopped when they came in contact with the table behind her. She slowly turned to look at what it was just to find some more cutouts on it. She slowly picked up a piece of paper and read the title that said 'Partnered CEO of the Jeon's and Shin's, Mr Shin arrested for fraud. Found hiding in the hospital in the name of his wife in ICU'.

The words were all highlighted with red as the paper had a big 'LIE' written on it. The chit fell off her grip as she turned on her back just to find no one. Her heart fell into the pit of her stomach when she found herself alone in a room which seemed haunted now. Negative thoughts rose in her mind. Jungkook was far from being in the right state of mind and this fact was more threatening in this situation.

With trembling feet, she slowly walked out of the room, eyes quivering in search of his figure for caution. A few steps out of the room and a loud noise alarmed her body making her flinch and stop at her spot. After sensing the direction from where the noise came she didn't waste a second and paced there.

The way led her to the kitchen area. She sighed in relief when she saw Jungkook getting up from behind the kitchen counter. He seemed okay, at least from the back.

'Must have stumbled on his way...' She assumed.

As she was about to move closer, anxiety clouded her head when she saw Jungkook taking a knife. Worriedly, she jolted towards him to snatch the knife just to get a glimpse of something that made her feel lightheaded with all the coffee in her stomach gearing up to her throat. Through his slightly lifted pants, a disgustingly horrible wound was visible. A pool of blood was flowing out of it as the stitches-needy wounds let out a dizzying smell.

The moment she realised that the wound had the exact location as the scratch she gave him years back, all she wished for was to be wrong about all the new assumptions rising in her head. The scratch which was supposed to be a scar looked fresher, deeper and newer. A hundred times more painful. As if it never healed. Despite being numb by the situation, she was aware that this was not the right time to guess or to ask him questions and with all her guts, she snatched the danger out of his grip and threw it harshly enough to land meters away. Far from their sites.

Tears streamed down her face like rivers as she cupped his cold and tear-stained cheeks and in a tremulous voice, she bawled, "What has happened to you, Kook? What is all this? Stop it, please. I am scared..."

She mentally slapped herself for questioning what she shouldn't but she couldn't help herself. Her knees felt weak when she heard what he began mumbling as soon as his eyes came in contact with hers.

"I-I am crazy... I see t-the dead b-but you feel r-real... I killed you, killed her... T-they made the plan and I b-became the m-murderer..." The chain of his words was endless but the proximity of their bodies made him feel anxiety that made him sweat. His body was shaking as he was almost soaking wet in sweat. His nerves began to hurt as he felt the urge to calm himself. Calm himself with the new addiction he has recently developed.

His dark addiction.

He pushed her frail figure away and turned towards the fridge. Yn looked at him with utter confusion while he searched for something through the fridge, the cabinets and the shelves. The hustle stopped when he opened a drawer and stopped on his motions as if he found what he was searching for. Yn was ready to face anything coming next as she knew it couldn't be normal as she had already experienced things that she never expected to.

He took out a small box and aggressively opened it. Yn's eyes widened as she felt her heart falling when Jungkook took out a tiny syringe and began to fill it with a liquid she didn't trust to be good for his health at any cost. To stop him, she tried to take it away but he was much stronger and too lost to realise she wasn't just his hallucinations. Having no option left, she grabbed the first heavy metal she found and banged it on his hand.

The room felt silent when the loud bang echoed and the both of them stood motionless. In a blink, Jungkook's body collapsed on the ground as he fainted right there while the pan slipped out of Yn's grip as she too landed on the floor, finally letting out the feeling she had in her after the new disclosure.