𝕸𝖆𝖌𝖎𝖈𝖆𝖑 𝖗𝖊𝖈𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖞

"Hello?" Jungkook said into his phone as he settled on his bed

It was already dark outside and it had been half an hour since Yn had left, as soon as she calmed from her panic attack. The house was still empty, except for him. He was still heavy with emotions.

"Hello?! Jungkook?! Is Yn there with you?!" Eunwoo's voice came through the phone, almost sounding frantic. 

"Huh? Why?" Jungkook asked.

"Ask her to pick up her goddamn phone. It's very important,"  Eunwoo replied curtly, "now!"

"She's not with me at the moment. I—"

"Uncle Shin is the one calling her. It's about Aunty. Tell me, where is she?"

Jungkook's mind blank as he stared at the wall in front, "What are you talking about?"

"I'm not blind, Jungkook. I've known Yn the whole time. I know she could be with no one other than you. I know she is with you."

"No, about her mother. Aunty is alive?"

***

Yn felt herself shivering at the blow of cold wind crashing across her body. She pulled her coat around her a bit tighter and glanced up to the sky, wondering how in the world the clouds didn’t look as heavy and dark before as they did now that she was in their midst.

Rachael's words echoed through her head once more. Even though Jungkook had assured her that Rachael's statement was all lies but his words sounded hollow to her ears.  They were nothing like the way he spoke when genuine. His face filled with nothing but fear and panic and yet again she felt as if he was trying to tell her something. Something important.

'But what? What could Jungkook possibly have wants me to know? What could he possibly have been trying to say to me?'

She thought anxiously, trying to shake off the unease in her bones.

She frowned as a wave of disappointment washed over her. Her mind was still too clouded by doubt and confusion.

She looked back down at her feet. This feeling has always lingered along even with her father. Her father didn't make it as obvious as Jungkook did, but one part of him had a story alike Jungkook.

"Yn!" a voice came from behind, startling her out of her thoughts. "I knew you'll be here."

Jungkook strode nearer as he breathed heavily from the short run he'd just made. The wind caught his hair and whipped them about his face, threatening to send strands flying into his eyes. He reached out a hand to yank them back but stopped halfway there and reached out for his pocket, taking a black cased phone out.

He was shocked when Eunwoo told him about Mrs Shin's actuality but decided to search for Yn as Eunwoo sounded too worried and serious to extend the conversation to anything other than Yn's whereabouts. Both Jungkook and Eunwoo had been searching for Yn but it was Jungkook who found her. For some reason, he knew where she would be.

The park they spent their lives growing up. The site of their first kiss.

"Here, your phone," Yn took the phone as he continued, "Uncle Shin's calling..."

Yn's breath hitched as she flipped open the phone and saw the number displayed on the screen. She swallowed hard. A lump formed in the back of her throat at the sight of the caller ID.

She turned away from Jungkook and answered the call, "Hello, Appa?"

"H-how are you, Eomma's angel?" The familiar voice trembled through the phone from the other side.

Jungkook noticed how Yn trembled and despite having numerous questions, he kept quiet.

"E-Eomma..." He snapped at her shaky voice as she felt her knees giving up. He immediately grabbed her before her body could touch the ground. He helped her sit on the bench before sitting beside her and stroking her back to ease her shaking self.

"Seems like god woke me up for you. C-come to me, love." Her mother's weak voice was low and lacked energy but held the same softness.

"Yes, mama, I'm coming. Please wait for me," Yn said, tears streaming down her cheeks as she nodded with every word and a broken smile hooded her shivering lips.

"Yes, love, I'm waiting. Hurry up."

The call ended with Yn jerking up and storming away from the bench, in the direction of the exit.

Jungkook ran behind her to catch up as he called out for her but on receiving no response, he stopped her by grabbing her arm.

"Yn, wha—"

"I have to go. I have to go to America, Jungkook." Yn tried to get out of his grip with all her words coming out with constant cries.

"Yes. Yes, I'll take you there but first, calm down." Jungkook held her cheeks and caressed her head momentarily to calm her down and continued, "I'll get the tickets booked, soonest."

Jungkook decided to put his questions aside, held her hand into his and walked out, towards his car.

Eunwoo arranged Yn's private jet which got scheduled for the next morning. Jungkook accompanied Yn and to his absolute surprise, Eunwoo did not even try to intervene.

After a long journey of 14 hours, Yn and Jungkook landed at their destination. Even though her flight was long and tiring, Yn wasted no time in going to her mother. Her mother was getting treated at home so they were heading home straight away.

Standing outside her mother's room, Yn was nervous. No bad reason but the fact that her mother is seeing her after 10 years was making her anxious. When she finally saw her mother, she couldn't help but break into tears as she ran to hug her, forgetting everything she had in her mind previously. 

Both of them were crying and her father, who was shedding tears too, kept trying to stop them. After a while, the trio calmed down as Yn made sure her mother was comfortable leaning towards the bedrest. She sat beside her and held her hands softly and kept her head softly on her mother's shoulder.

"When did she wake up?" Yn asked, peering at her father who was sitting at the edge of the bed.

"Two days before the call. Two days ago, her health suddenly worsened and the doctors told us that the next 24 hours are crucial. I thought you'll not be able to bear it so I called Eunwoo right away and asked him to distantly keep track of you and not let you know. The recovery is magical," her father acknowledged.

"So, Eunwoo knew?"

"Only the surgery part..."

The room fell silent which was soon broken by her mother.

"Your Appa told me everything that has been happening here..." Her mother rasped, unable to work up her jammed throat muscles as Yn glared at her father for revealing a negative past to her sick mother. "I forced him to tell me everything. Baby, I have something important to tell you..."

Here's the update

Here's the update. Make this reach 45 votes and I'll update the next chapter tomorrow. Make sure to leave comments.