𝕳𝖎𝖘 𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖞

"Jungkook didn't tell you about me?" Yn questioned with a puzzled look

Mrs Jeon shook her head in denial and spoke, "He doesn't even care to show his face to me now. The only time we get to see each other is when I come to meet him in the office or else he would neither reply to my messages nor even pick up my calls."

Her voice came out sad and broken. For some reason, a discomfort rose in Yn after hearing her words.

"But... Why?" Yn asked.

Mrs Jeon's eyes were filled with tears as her unsteady smile seemed fake. She hesitantly took Yn's hands in her shaking ones and asserted, "It was all my fault... I shouldn't have asked your mother to meet me that day. Everything would have been great then."

Yn remembered the day her mother got into the accident very clearly. She remembered her mother telling her that she is going to meet Jungkook's mom but as far as she knows, Mrs Jeon wasn't there when she got into the accident.

"What are you talking about?" Yn queried in a whisper, putting all the questions in her mind aside.

"Rachael came to meet Jungkook on the day of your first anniversary. Jungkook was late and despite advising her to leave as it was getting dark, she insisted to stay and wait for him. They went to talk in his room and told me it was about a project but I understood there was something wrong. They probably fought as she left angrily and after that, Jungkook didn't seem alright and that was why I asked your mom to meet me and discuss if there is something wrong with you two..." Mrs Jeon said, zoning back to the days.

"What did she say?"

"She told me you were fine, in fact, happier. We decided to ask him to explain but when he was about to come, I had to leave due to some urgency and I dunno what they talked about but when we both were at home, we found out that she was admitted," Mrs Jeon completed in a broken voice.

Tears streamed down their eyes as Yn gulped hard and took the elder's hand in hers. She softly caressed the back of it with a battle of thoughts going on inside her head, she sighed and asked, "What happened after w-we were gone?"

"We were told that you weren't saved. Jungkook locked himself in his rooms for days. He stopped talking to us, dining with u or even glancing at us. I even doubted if he was getting influenced by something wrong, so, I wanted him to drop his school for that semester but his dad didn't let him. As soon as he joined the university, he started doing multiple part-time jobs so that he doesn't have to come home. When he earned enough, he bought himself a house and went to complete his military service. I and his dad lost hope in our dreams of seeing him as the new CEO after his dad so we decided to set him up for marriage but then, suddenly we made up his mind for taking over the company. His dad happily got retired but the rest is well known by everyone." Mrs Jeon informed thoroughly.

Yn felt herself getting numb with each word his mother uttered. Her soul was shaken by the information as she took a deep breath in and muttered, "S-so, the reason he did that was... t-this..."

She was pulled back from her reverie when Mrs Jeon added the words which did nothing but shook her more, yet cleared her doubts.

"Yes... He hates his parents. He hates his dad for being a betrayer and his mother for keeping quiet."

Yn's lips curled into a cracked smile between the stream of tears as she asked, "Do you think I should talk to him, personally?"

Mrs Jeon reflected on her smile as she hugged her gently and nodded in response. Yn broke the hug and bid her goodbye before storming out of her office and rushing towards her secretary's cabin.

"Hey, Lee Jina. Has Jungkook arrived yet?" She asked as she hoped for him to be here even though it was a bit too early in the morning and the staff was given an extension on entry timing because of the party.

Her secretary chuckled seeing his boss smiling childishly for the first time despite feeling shocked at the friendly way she was talking to her and taking her full name.

"Well, I'm not sure. Let me ask the receptionist about this," She said as she was about to pick up the landline telephone but stopped when she remembered something.

"What happened?" Yn asked as she noticed Jina's behaviour.

"Ma'am, I think he won't come today..." Jina asserted.

"What? Why? Why do you think so?" Yn bombarded all her questions with a frown.

Jina hesitated at first but then built up some courage, looked here and there as if examining something, and then asked Yn to come closer. Yn bent a little forward as Jina came closer to her ear and whispered, "Actually, Mr Jeon is a total weirdo..."

"