1.2 𝕬 𝕾𝖙𝖊𝖕 𝕮𝖑𝖔𝖘𝖊𝖗

*vote and make sure to leave a comment :) [The next chapter is going to be super fun, be ready 😉🤐]

"I'm single."

Eunwoo nodded and an uncertain smile made it up on his face.

They chatted for a while and the time for Eunwoo to leave arrived. Momo walked him to the door when suddenly Eunwoo stopped and turned to her, glancing at her figure nervously, he asked, "By the way, I've been wanting to ask you about the reason you broke up with him. I mean his dressing sense is pretty good, doesn't seem like a bad guy..."

Momo chuckled and answered after shaking her head, "He felt like we weren't close enough, he felt like I wasn't as involved as he was. He felt like I was still not over my first crush. He even tried to propose to me but I wasn't ready for marriage. He indeed was a good guy so he respected my decision."

"Oh, was he the guy you liked back then? I don't remember anyone named Jihoon, though—"

"I liked you, Eunwoo," Eunwoo's eyes widened as he looked at her shining orbs in surprise. As it wasn't enough, Momo stepped closer, holding a warm smile, she whispered, "I think it's time to take a step closer."

He stood there frozen even when she giggled before tipping on her toe and reaching out for his cheek to plant a soft smooch on it.

"And yeah, I'm bored of action or comedy movies now. Next time, ask me for a romantic one."

His senses stuck back when she turned away and slammed the door on his face, probably flustered by the stunt, leaving him astonished. He gulped heavily, bringing his right hand to the left side of his chest, he felt his racing heart which he could almost hear because of the acceleration it picked.

He flinched when suddenly his phone rang in his pocket. He took it out and picked up the call as soon as he saw the call ID

"Hello?" Before he could speak any further, the words he heard from the other side shook the ground under him.

"Don't worry please and keep calm, Uncle Shin."

***

Jungkook strolled to and fro as he felt himself sweating in nervousness. His eyes fell upon the phone kept on the table, facing down and then upon the little black dot merely visible from between leaves of the show plant kept in the living room.

"Don't make it obvious. You've memorised the script, right," Yn asserted as Jungkook nodded in response. She checked on her earpiece for the last time and showed him a thumbs-up before climbing up the stairs to wait for their target to arrive.

It has been two days since Jungkook revealed his grudge towards his father and after doing enough research, they came to the conclusion that Rachael knew more than Yn or Jungkook. Even though Yn suspected the fact that Jungkook has revealed everything he knew she targeted Rachael first because she wanted to hear Rachael's motive first. Jungkook narrated his side of the story by claiming that the relationship he had with Rachael was imposed on him and was not intended from his side but Yn was still not satisfied and felt like the story is still not unveiled properly.

Jungkook snapped his head towards the main gate when the bell rang and paced towards it after showing a thumbs-up to the show plant, which had a mini camera fixed in it, recording every commotion happening in the living room.

"Finally, Kook, you called me over!" Rachael exclaimed, unknown of the trap she was getting herself into. She widely smiled before tightly hugging Jungkook as she continued, "I was dying for this day, baby. Your house seems beautiful but it is tiny. Don't worry, we'll move out soon."

She shrugged it off when Jungkook broke the hug a little harshly because she was already used to this. Instead, this time she was quite happy because he smiled at her rather than yelling at her.

"Come in," He mumbled as he moved aside letting her in.

"I was wondering if—" Rachael stopped her speech when she noticed Jungkook locking the door. A sudden shudder ran down her spine as she gulped and asked, "What are you doing, babe?"

"Tell me, why? Why did you do that?" Jungkook's tone was scary. He didn't yell, instead, his words came out as a low growl.

She could see his face getting red and veins popping up as he slowly walked towards her. "W-What are you talking about?"

"Don't play dumb now..." His eyes darkened with every word.

"So, you found out the truth," A smirk crept on her face her aura began to change. "No wonder you were so sweet before closing the door. How did you even get it, you dummy?"

"Come to the point. Why?" Jungkook groaned in frustration at the stretch of the conversation.

"Well, I told you, you'll have to face consequences. Next time, you better not ditch me or I can be dirtier," She came forward as Jungkook glared at her furiously.

"How can you do this to me?" Jungkook inched even closer, towering over her figure as he held her arms tightly, before yelling in her face.

"Tell me! You said you love me, so why did you do that to me?!"

"Are you really going to pretend as if you dunno anything?" Rachael huffed out as she yanked his hands away and rolled her eyes. "Fine. Let me remind you."

Jungkook internally felt pleased as he tried to hold back the satisfactory smirk his lips were twitching into.

Rachael folded her arms on her chest before darkly acknowledging, "Let me remind you that you are mine. Let me remind you that I did everything just to get you, to make you forget her. Since the day she came back, not just you but Uncle Jeon also started ignoring me. As if I don't exist in this scenario. I knew what was going on inside your father's mind, that's why I did my own thing. At first, I thought of threatening you with that little secret of yours but when I saw you hugging her at the party, it made my blood boil and when I complained that to Uncle Jeon, he told me that he doesn't need me anymore, so here I am, showing what I can do to you all. I always kept an eye on you and assumed that you'll forget her after her death but she came back."

"I can never get over her and I know you know that. You know how crazy I am about her..." Jungkook genuinely affirmed but Rachael's next words blew his mind.

"I know you know that I am crazier but let me tell you one more thing, if this time she didn't get out of my way, I'll sweep her out just like how I did to her annoying mother."