1.2 𝕽𝖚𝖒𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝕺𝖗 𝕿𝖗𝖚𝖙𝖍

"Ms Lee, I want to know everything about who played the projector, who let the person in and all the people who were involved

"Ms Lee, I want to know everything about who played the projector, who let the person in and all the people who were involved. Use all the CCTV footage and track them," Yn commanded after everyone from the party left.

"Yes, ma'am," Ms Lee, who is Jungkook's ex-secretary and Yn's current, answered.

"You can leave now," Yn spoke as her secretary bowed before a 'Thank you and left.

"What are you planning to do?" Eunwoo asked as he walked along Yn, towards the exit.

"I have no idea about what's going on or what to do. Let's just investigate this mystery person," Yn uttered tiredly as she rubbed her temple to ease a rising pain in her head. "Also, let's see what's the case with this Jungkook... I sensed there is something wrong with him too..."

"Leave it. Let him be, Yn. Isn't it great that he is publicly getting divulged and defamed..." Eunwoo was agitated with annoyance as frustration took over him.

"It's not like that, the scandal can cause damage to the company and I don't want that at all," Yn explained as she got into her car and passed him a smile.

They bid their goodbyes but one thing that ate her up the entire night was her curiosity. Even tho she showed almost no interest in front of Eunwoo, Jungkook's face never left her mind for even a moment.

Yn couldn't sleep all night, so the next day was terrible for her from the start itself. She went to the office early and to get rid of the fatigue, consumed gallons of coffee but nothing helped. Despite thinking of work as a solution to get Jungkook out of her mind, she had no control over her thoughts or her heart.

She kept trying to conclude a link between her past story with Jungkook with what happened this day but nothing really worked out. She was having a gut feeling about the connection but felt like she is missing something yet had no idea what it was.

All she could summarize was that it has begun with a happy relationship with close families, then her mother got into an accident and the same day, she found out that Jungkook was cheating on her and the cherry on top that triggered her the most was the fact that his father too betrayed hers on the same day. Now that she is back, he seems like the exact opposite of what she assumed before coming here. He seemed sad, lonely, guilty and sick. He keeps wanting to talk with her and now, suddenly, it is revealed that he has betrayed at own father too, who he used to love the most and was always ready to die for.

'Jungkook doesn't seem to be someone who'll stab his father's back... But then, what can we expect... They share genes, anything is possible...' Yn thought.

She frustratedly grabbed a fistful of her hair and sighed in annoyance when a sudden knock disturbed her already disturbed state of mind. She hand-combed her hair and allowed the person on the other side to come in after fixing her overall appearance.

"Good morning, Ms Shin," Ms Lee greeted with a light smile as she walked towards Yn and continued, "Firstly, did some research. The camera recording will be here in a few hours so we'll have to wait till then. Secondly, Mrs Jeon has come to meet you..."

"Mrs Jeon? What is she doing here?" Yn questioned with a frown, to which Ms Lee shrugged. "Okay, send her in. Also, good job. You've started early in the morning itself."

"Thank you, ma'am," Ms Lee bowed and left the office.

Yn took out her phone and checked if she looked presentable or not. Soon, a knock was heard and she immediately responded with a come in and stood up to see the lady she used to once call mom, her second mother. She looked older than she used to. For Yn, she was still adorable even though the beautiful charm of her face seemed lost. The smile the old lady passed was soft, soft enough to make Yn feel loved.

Mrs Jeon paced towards Yn and embraced her in a warm hug. They parted away after a few seconds as the elder lady caressed the younger's cheek with tears brimming at the corner of her eyes. 

"You've grown up into a beautiful young lady," She said in a broken voice yet a beautiful smile.

Yn smiled back at her, gently grabbed her hands and spoke, "You too, Mrs Jeon. How have you been all these years?"

"Not good..." Jungkook's mother replied as a tear finally fell as she continued, "From eomma to Mrs Jeon?"

The way she sketched 'eomma' in a sing-song voice exactly like Yn reminded her of all the memories she had in the back of her head. "You came back after so many years yet didn't care enough to even call me once?" She complained after Yn wiped the tear off her face.

"Jungkook didn't tell you about me?"