'REPRESENTATIVE UNIT' 4

''Jay-ah?'' Yuji went to him and gave him a pat on his back.

''hmm?'' he smiled, but she noticed that it was a bitter smile.

''I honestly wanted to compliment you for your hard work. It paid well can you be happy now?'' she smiled, it was tough for her to be this cringe, but she's trying her best to make the boy smile putting her hands on her pocket. He just nodded and returned a smile at last.

They were gathered in the living room, unsure what was the reason but they just followed what was told them.

"THE REAL-LIVED FEED OF GROUNDERS WILL BE SHOWN NOW."

The screen showed a video filmed from the Ground, and Yuji's eyes darted on Daniel as they started to sing his part while others that experienced Ground excitedly talked about it there.

"You miss him, don't you?" Heesung asks who was sitting next to her

She turned to him in surprise. She was sure that he was referring to her best friend, Daniel.

"Yeah," she said, still facing him.

Ever since she moved to I-Land, she's been missing him the most. She thought of him as a little brother as they shred together. He shares his struggles, she felt special the way he comfortably talks to her.

Without Daniel's being her friend since trainee days, she must be empty today and will not make friends with others; she hopes for him to come back soon.

And the remaining days continually decrease; they did as much as they could give for practicing, they couldn't think of more to be distracted. After all, they have the same goal, and as responsible for their team's fate, she is more likely thinking about the team's future.

Soon later, Sunghoon and Jay had been swapped for some reason, she and Jungwon were clueless because they were on the kitchen's pantry most of the time but still practicing.

The final test for the representative unit soon came. Yuji wakes up when she felt her feet really swollen. Despite of the pain she felt she puts bandages on it instead and wears her shoes.

She can't give up right now. Some people might get eliminated if she backs out because of a mere pain, it wasn't a mere pain exactly, but she was in serious pain.

She went to the kitchen herself arriving there with heesung practicing his pitch when suddenly he cracked.

Yuji hides her laugh as she sits on a chair in front of him.

"Yeah, stop laughing," heesung chuckled.

"You must be really nervous," she said.

Jaebom went to her and served her three pancakes with lots of honey syrup on top of it, she just had a dream about eating lots of pancakes and now it's in front of her.

She smiled at Jaebom thanking him, and he winked at her in response.

"I do," he admitted

"You shouldn't. Taking a big bite. It will make your voice sound horrible," she advised.

"Really?"

"Actually, you're doing great, so nothing's to worry about," she laughs, making heesung smile as well.

As for the aremaining time, they decided to have their rehearsals and did more reps and had their final retouch from hair to make-up.

The representative unit test battle will begin soon. Yuji was anxious about her feet. She walks it like it's nothing.

They did a group hug for the last moment before entering the gateway, as they exchange final words to each other.

Entering inside the gateway made her anxiety punishes her more. Her feet were almost giving up, and as she winces, she turns around and hide her pain, while the only one watching her knew about the swollen thing was jake.

"THE REPRESENTATIVE UNIT BATTLE WILL BEGIN SOON"

'No, not now. I've endured a lot of things that hurt me

'Dropping out school, leaving my soccer team, gave up the team me and my brother built, and even lying to my mom, and now I don't know if she's still mad at me."

"If I screw up today, I will never get to debut. I don't believe in miracles in times like this, I was given a chance many times, but I think I rtfq it for granted."

"I-LANDER STANDBY"

The I-landers stand each other on the stage while watching other I-landers who were building up their expectations.

They waited, and soon Grounders arrived. Daniel quickly searched for her Noona around the other team.
Yuji soon noticed that he's waving his hands to her, and she smiles at him widely.

"THE REPRESENTATIVE UNIT TEST THAT WILL DETERMINE EACH TEAMS FATE WILL NOW BEGIN. STARTING FIRST IS I-LAND 's VOCAL UNIT. STANDBY"

The battle made the atmosphere more complex as each team didn't even make eye contact or interacted, except for Daniel and Yuji, who missed each other so much.

Iland's vocal unit is on the stage.

"Let's do well! Hwaiting!" Yuji cheered for both of them.

Yuji stared at the two until they sang.

She smiled the entire performance by heesung and geonu. She was sure that they did well. She claps her hands as the performance finished.

It was Ground's team turn. Yuji holds her fist beside her head, genuinely smiling.

"Daniel, Sunoo waiting!" She mouthed to them. But She didn't realize that Heesung and Sunghoon were watching her cheer the ground team.

"Thank you," Daniel mouthed back.

They started to perform while Yuji was smiling throughout the performance. Watching her two friends was something to be proud of.

The result for each vocal unit was revealed I-LAND got 81 while GROUND received 74.

sunoo and daniel cannot hide the disappointment on their faces. Yuji was happy about their score, adding more for the final result. But felt sad for The other team as well, but she just clapped it off.

While heading to their seats, she made a fist bump with heesung' "congrats," she said.

Next was the grounders dance unit performance.

"GROUNDER's STANDBY"

Yuji's jaw dropped as soon as the music played.

"Wow, Ni-ki is so good," she complimented, talking to Jungwon, she met a lot of dancers and she could say that Grounders did really well.

Nicholas B-boying, Jaeho's half split, and even Ni-ki's backflip was really brilliant. Until it's the part where they created a choreography. With a cute ending, the grounder's performance ended.