5

A week had passed already, and there was a change in the lineup of competitors. It was a bit of shock for Yuji since she and Daniel are the only chosen in their group while the rest has to go home. It was a fair evaluation, after all, simply not joining the inefficient ones. It became a pressure for Yuji because she has no idea who the other applicants besides Daniel will be.

Yuji went home by herself by riding a bus. She thought of practicing more after getting home because of the numerous scolds she received throughout the day. She began to become anxious, and it saddens her thinking of losing her self-esteem.

When she got back to her apartment, she immediately went inside the bathroom and washed.

She moans in satisfaction as the water touches her skin. The sound of the water helps her calms her mind when the doorbell rang, making her groaned in annoyance. She quickly went to her room and change into pajamas and a baggy shirt, rolling the towel on her hair.

She unlocked the door, "Hi!" Daniel greets and was carrying a paper bag in his left hand

"What are you doing here?" she questioned unconcernedly.

"Yah!- can you be nicer and let me in first?" he sulked, then walked past her entering inside.

he sat on the couch like a toddler; she just rolled her eyes

"You shouldn't be here. They might think the wrong idea", she advised while giving him a glass of water

"My parents will go home late and gave me food instead, here!" he explained, showing the paper bag "sorry, did I bother you? I just thought that it would be sad if I eat a delicious dinner alone," he continued

Yuji stole a glance at him, "why does he sound sad?" she thought

They both sat in the kitchen and Quietly ate all the food he brought. Yuji was uneasy; she felt that she could not explain whether Yuji did not practice as she planned because Daniel came unexpectedly or something strange about him.

"This is good- "

Yuji ceased slurping the noodles as soon as she heard him sobbed. He rubbed his tears with the hem of his jacket.

"What happened?" Yuji asked calmly.

"I want to give up..." he finally said. Yuji just stayed still don't know what to say especially, he is not usually like this.

she never saw this side of him because she was used to seeing him cheerful and
bright, she never thought that he had problems.

"I don't think I deserve to go to I-Land. They almost eliminated the whole group to keep me-" he stopped and lowered his head.

"I don't think I did better than them. I got the most scold because I am not used to this kind of environment. I barely make friends with other trainees for three months because they think I am not good enough. I am getting anxious each day," he continues sobbing, something stung on her heart, seeing her friend opening his feelings to her. Still, somehow she felt special because he opened up to her.

"You shouldn't say that," she responded in a cold tone "you're still young. You can reach farther than this," she continued.

He gazed at her and smiled, "Yuji chan."

"Hmm?"

"Can we still be friends if one of us debut as an idol?" he carefully asks

She never thought of being friends with anyone since she came to Seoul for training. She never expected An immature dork would be her friend. She doesn't know how to encourage a friend and doesn't want to say to Daniel that he was her only friend. Even though they broke the rule of not interacting with each other until I-LAND.

"What are you talking about? We will debut, arasseo?" She stared at him, trying her best not to show any emotion.