'REPRESENTATIVE UNIT' 3

The next day, Yuji woke up early. After taking nine hours of sleep, she somehow felt satisfied with that. She headed towards the practice room when she saw Sunghoon having his practice in the other room. He made a triple axel out of nowhere and suddenly remembered something

flashback

Yuji went to Seoul to visit her brother, bighit permitted her to roam around the building until she heard music, it was his brother's favorite song, 'you are the reason' that became her favorite as well, the only song she can perfectly sing while hitting a high note,  due to curiosity it drives her to follow where the music came from she quietly directed to somewhere.

There, she found a practice room. Although a guy is doing contemporary dance, she can barely see or recognize that person's face because she is facing his back.

And it happens that she recognizes that it was sung hoon two years ago, the song was nostalgic, she used to sing songs while his brother is playing the instrument, it was a hobby for them, she can still remember those precious moments and thanks to sung hoon for expanding her flashbacks.

They have plenty of days to go, but the representative units decided to focus every day with only short breaks. As a result, days are passing unnoticeable, and they are spending their remaining days polishing every bit of the movements they make.

As for Yuji is striving too much time on her part, sacrificing her lunchtime to practice, that even the pain on her feet worsened, she still dances like it's nothing.

While practicing, K told her to have her rest because there is no problem with her dance.

Jay was flustered because he can't do his part well, the one on the spinning part. Although Yuji is capable of doing the part he's struggling with, she tried to comfort him in the best possible way.

Yuji went outside for a bit. She sat on the closest bench near a wall, and in front of it was the Ground's practice room. Some I-landers were there.

"Psssst!"

She looked around to find where the voice came from.

"Yuji!", Sunoo called climbing up the wall. Yuji's eyes widened. She was happy to see Sunoo and Ni-ki.

"You guys done practicing?" She asks them.

Sunoo flipped his invisible hair before answering, "of course."

They had talked for a couple of minutes. She misses them so much. She is most likely to think about her friends at the Ground since she left the team.

"Wait, where's daniel" the sadness on the tone of her voice visibly looking like she's lost.

Sunoo sighed, resting his hands on his chin, "He is suffering from a severe sore throat. I don't know he caught a cold this morning. I'm getting worried about him as well for the team."

"W-why? Is he part of the vocal unit?" She asked. She's clearly happy for him getting what he wanted but concerned about his condition.

"Yeah, earlier this morning, We had our evaluation from Zico, sunghul was replaced by Daniel," said Ni-ki.

She began to worry about him. He's not a person who can quickly catch a cold, she thought. She quickly thought of him practicing his pitch for a long time.

The midpoint eventually came, Yuji was late for five minutes because
She went to staff before this and tried to favor her to give the medicine to Daniel from the Ground.

She quickly ran towards the practice room and automatically filled up in her main position. And met the other I-landers inside, with the led of producer rain and Song Seun deuk.

''warning, Ms. YAMADA'' scolded by rain, the girl bowed and apologized ''anyways, are you practicing hard for the test?'', as the I-landers replied quickly.

''Jay?''

Jay raised his hand. You've gotten better after I scolded you, right?'' Rain said, making Jay flutters as he meant a compliment. ''I've been trying really hard since then,'' Jay said, agreeing.

''you have?'' Rain asks once again.'' well, you showed it'' and Jay thanked him.

''who are the four dance representatives?'' he asked, looking at them. 

Yuji raised her right hand, including Jay, Jungwon, and K. Just as Rain expected it, he instructed the four of them to step forward as well as the vocal unit. ''from the I-landers that weren't chosen, is there anyone who thinks that they can also do well?'' Rain asked the rest I-landers. Seon answers instead that they were all practicing for backup plans only.

''you have a good strategy,'' Rain told them. He finds it amusing for them to build teamwork.

Yuji glanced at sunghoon. She doesn't know why she thought of him suddenly when she's satisfied with her unit's skills, maybe because she caught him dancing this early morning, and he perfectly made the part that Jay cannot do.

Rain began to talk about how serious the battle will be, but he meant nothing to scare the kids and not even reassuring them, but he wanted to be more prepared than prepared. So I-land VS. GROUND is head to head in this test.

[VOCAL UNIT; HEESUNG AND GEONU AND UNIT TEST SONG IS BUTTERFLY BY BTS]

Rain first looked at the Vocal team. Yuji focused on watching them, mainly heesung. She thought of them carrying the song with emotion. She never saw their practices, but she often hears heesung singing alone, and it was beyond her imagination that they would soon perform like this.

 After the performance, they received a good compliment and made Seon and Jaebom perform right after.

''as you all know, one of the songs is my song'', he reminded them.

'the original singer is in front of us,'  she thought. Abruptly became nervous.

[Yuji] I never heard of the song before, but I discovered that it was really famous here in Korea, and the first time I heard the song, it was actually a pretty song.

Dance unit midpoint evaluation starts with producer rain watching carefully, starts with Yuji's popping part initially, the four of them dance without any mistakes showing different styles. 

After dancing, K and Jungwon received some praises coming from the judges. Meanwhile, Yuji stood at the back.

''Yuji-ah?'' Rain said in a stern voice that sounds like he was about to scold; Yuji kept her face blank and responded, ''yes?''

''Why are you so good at popping? I honestly like how you handle your body balance with the team, I know it's hard, but you did very well again'' his serious tone suddenly changed, the girl smiled at him, showing her front teeth, unable to hide the happiness. However, she anticipated for Jay to get his feedback. 

Just like that, the two judges called it a day, leaving Jay with no compliment.