Chapter 40 | ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴇɴᴅ ɪꜱ ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ ʙᴇɢɪɴɴɪɴɢ

Mother : "Y/n can you come home?"

Me : "ermmm.. why?"

Mother : "Your father wants to see you"

Me : "Oh no no no I had enough of him. He hurts me too much and he tried to ruin my relationship with Helena. That's.. no. I don't want to see him."

Mother : "Please y/n. Could you please come home."

Me : "No mom.. I don't want to go home just to get insulted."

Mother : "Listen to me honey. Your father.. he's not feeling well lately. He keep asking about you. He wants to apologize to you for everything he's done."

Me : "Dad... sick?"

Mother : "Yeah.. I'll tell you everything when you get here. Please y/n, can you come home?"

Me : "I-I.. I don't know mom"

Mother : (sigh) "at least please think about it, will you? He needs you, more than ever."

Me : "I will think about it."

Mother : "Alright then. Thank you baby. I love you"

Me : "Love you too mom"

I hung up and let out a deep breath. Should I go home? Is this a trap?

I walked to the living room lazily then greeted by Nell who's running up to me and hugged me. This little girl really sweet and adorable.

"Good morning y/n." She said with a big smile plastered on her face.

"Good morning beautiful." Nell leads me to sit beside her in the couch. "How's your weekend?" I asked then Nell ranting about her weekend at their grandma's.

To be honest, I don't really listen to what Nell's said. My mind isn't here with me. I keep thinking about my family. Helena noticed that.

Helena went to the kitchen and called me from there.

"Y/n! Could you please help me in the kitchen?" She shouted.

"I'll be there in a sec." I shout back. "Mum needs my help for a little bit, I'll be back and listen to the rest of your story after helping her, okay?" I said to Nell. She nodded adorably.

I walked to the kitchen and saw Helena leaning against the counter.

"What's wrong love?" Helena looks concerned.

"What's what?" I asked pretending to be okay.

"Don't lie to me y/n. I know there is something bothers you." She said.

I sighed.

"It's my mother. I just had a phone call with her." I stop there and fidgeting my fingers.

"And?"

"She asked me to go home. She said my father not feeling well lately and he keep asking about me." I look out the window.

"Ohh.. so.. are you going?" She asked.

I shrugged, "I don't know. I don't want to get insulted again. I'm tired of his bullshit."

"Well.. do you want to hear my thoughts?" Helena stepped closer and stand next to me by the window.

I nodded.

"I think you should go." She said.

"Why? What if it's just a trap?" Then she put her arm around me.

"Listen love.. we must be able to forgive others who hurt us in order to enjoy our life to the fullest. Give him another chance, one more chance. Maybe he really changed this time. Who knows. Right?" She said. "Beside, there is no way your mother will trap you like that. She loves you more than anything."