Chapter 34 | ᴡʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴍɪɴᴅ?

After receiving my mother's text, I went to Aunt Carol's house to tell her about what happened last night.

I knocked at her front door a couple times and wait. She finally opened it.

"Y/n???? Is everything okay?? Come on in!" She looks worried.

I chuckled.

"Everything is fine Auntie. I just dropped by to say hello before going to Helena's and I really miss you." I grinned. "I hope I'm not bothering you."

"No.. you'll never bother us" she smiled.

We walked to the kitchen and I saw Jason and Uncle Jack having breakfast.

"Jason??? It's really nice to see you here!" I sat on the table next to him, "hi uncle Jack".

"It's really nice to see you alive" Jason said jokingly.

"Don't be salty" I hit his arm playfully.

"Where's your parents?" Uncle Jack asked.

"They just left" I said.

"Oh.. I thought they'll stay a little longer." Aunt Carol said while pouring me some tea.

"Yeah.. well.. something happened" I said.

"Oh.. what happened?" She asked.

I sighed.

"I had a fight with my dad.. again" I said plainly.

"About you and Helena?" I just nodded.

"I thought he's already accepted you and Helena" Jason said.

"That's what I thought too. But it turns out he's just pretending it" I told them.

"What's his reason?" Uncle Jack asked.

"Just to make me come back to the family. I'm guessing that my mom beg him to be nicer so I can forgive him and forget the past then become a family again" I explained.

"Oh wow that's messed up" Jason exclaimed.

"it is what it is" I shrugged and laughed.

"Wait.. how do you know that he's faking everything?" Aunt Carol asked.

"Helena told me. Then I confronted him. He admitted it" I sip on my tea while remembering all the words my father said.

"Well.. at least you know the truth now." Aunt Carol said, "It's not really surprising though. I've already feel something is off since the night he wanted to talk with Helena in private." She continued.

"Yeah.. that explained why Helena being so quiet after that talk." I sighed.

"That's enough of drama. Don't let him ruin your relationship and your life. We should move on. Don't give that man anymore attention. Focus on yourself!" Jason said.

"You were right"

"I always right" he interrupts me. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"Let's talk about something else." Aunt Carol said, "so.. you going to Helena after this?" She asked.

"Yep.. that's where I belongs to" I grinned, "besides I need to go back to work."

We continue talking for another hour until I decide to leave and go to Helena's home. The walk took a little bit longer than usual because I walk so slowly just to enjoy the weather and watching everyone doing their own thing.

I finally arrived and standing in front of her door. I knocked and she opened it almost immediately.

"Baby! You come back!" She smiled widely and hugged me.