Chapter 1 | ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴀᴛ?

I sit on the bench alone. I don't know where Am I. This place looks so different from my city. There is bunch of  trees around me. The sun shining brightly in the clear blue skies. Fresh air. Looks like I'm in the middle of a forest. It's warm here and so quiet but in a good way. So peaceful. I really like it here. Surrounded by nature.

Suddenly I hear a noise from behind the bushes not far away from where I'm sitting. I stand up and walk towards the bush. The bush start to growl. To be honest, I feel a bit scared right now. What if it is a wolf or something scary. But a wolf in the middle of a bright day? No way.. I keep getting closer and finally I'm a step away from the bushes. I parted the bushes and feel extremely relieved. It's a dog. Someone's dog. I think she or he is lost because there is a leash still attached to it. The leash tangled in the bushes. That's why it can't move. The dog is stuck. After the dog saw me, it stop growling and start to whine.

Here's the dog:

"Oh you poor thing

"Oh you poor thing. Let me help you with that!" I help to untangling the leash and set the dog free. The dog seems happy now it keeps moving circles around me, then nudging my hand asking for a pet.
"Awee you so cutee.. how you ended up here?? Are you lost? Where's your owner??", I pet him on the head. Of course I didn't get the answer he just bark and then wanting to play. This dog is really smart. He can do so many tricks. And we decided to play fetch with a branch near us.
When we were playing, I hear women's voices calling a name. The dog hear that too and we stop playing. The woman calling a name again and the dog suddenly run towards the voices. Well I think that's his owner calling. I got up and sit on the bench again. While I sit there looking down my feet and try to dust off some dirt from my jeans, surprisingly the dog coming back but he's not alone. He dragged his owner behind him and come closer to me.
"Well hello again darling. Missing me already?", while stroking his head. Oh I forgot the owner. Oh no. Awkward.

I look up to the owner, "Looks like Pablo making new friends here.. he's usually shy around new people", she said with a sweet smile. She has a big sunglasses on her face. I couldn't see her face clearly because the sun blocking my sight. She let her hair down freely, kinda messy.. in a pretty way though. Her voice and her appearance looks familiar. But from where????
I smile back to her, "Your dog's leash was tangled on the bushes over there so I helped him. And he demand a playtime after that." I giggled because now the dog giving me kisses.
"Ahh thank you so much for saving my dog. He run away when he heard a loud noise coming from a bunch of kids who playing with fireworks. Thank god he meet you first not the wolves" she laughs and sit next to me, "oh how rude I am. I forgot to introduce myself," she take off her glasses, "I'm Helena".
That name hits me like a hundred bullet. OH NO. IT CAN'T BE! CAN IT?
"H-Hi.. Hello.. I'm y/n" I stuttered. But she laughed, "why you suddenly stutter dear. Are you okay?"
I blushed so hard, "I-I'm okay mi-miss helena bonha-", she cut me off, "oh shut it (y/n). Please just call me Helena. Don't be too formal sweetheart"  she winked and pat my knee.
I could feel butterflies on my stomach erupt. She said my name. Pretty sure my face already turns red like tomato now. I'm lost of words.

There's a long silent...

"Are you from around here dear?" She finally broke the silence. "No.. I actually from y/c" I said. "Ohh y/c. That's nice. I've never been there before but from what I've seen and read on the internet, it looks like a nice country"
We keep talking to each other for hours.. we've been talking about my country, her country, her dogs, poetry, and other stuff. Time flies. The sun was starting to set. We decided to walk around the forest to find a spot so we can watch the sunset. I'm so taken aback by her beauty. Her sweetness. I don't even realize that we were holding hand the  whole time. I feel so comfortable around her. My heart beats so fast and my stomach full of butterflies.. wait no.. the whole damn zoo dancing inside my stomach. She made my day. I don't want this day to end.

We watched the sun set. The orange skies start to turn darker and darker. We decided to go out from this forest. While we walked, she keep looking at me and smiling. It makes me blush and I look away avoiding her gaze.
"Why are you acting so cute. You keep doing that every time I look at you, why? Am I making you nervous y/n?" She smirked.
Oh god..

"N-no.. no Helena.. I'm just.. I'm a big fans of yours. It feels surreal to be in the same place as you. Holding your hand. Talking with you. It's not that I complaining or anything. It's just it feels like a dream." dragging my attention to Helena. She stops walking and just stare at me with a smirk on her face. Her gaze moving from my eyes down to my lips. And she bit her lower lips.
"Is that so?", she start to move closer to me and her face leaning towards my face. Now her face just inches away from me. I can feel her hot breath. The urge to move my face and crush my lips on her become unbearable.
"Is this still feels like a dream for you y/n?", with that she push her face on me. Our lips meet. Her lips feel so soft and she taste so sweet. I cupped her face and our kiss become more heated. More passionate. And...

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*
My alarm goes off. I woke up with heavy breathing. Fuck! It really was just a dream. I turn off my alarm and get up. I really need a shower after that damn dream. I took a shower longer than I usually do. The memory from that dream stuck in my head. Her lips feel so real.

After the shower, I change into the outfit that I've already choose last night. I put my hair half up in a bun and half down. And for the shoes I choose a sneakers. I grabbed my bag and went downstairs. My mother still cooking breakfast in the kitchen.
"Mom, I will go to Maggie's house now." I said.
"But it still 7.20 dear, eat your breakfast before you go", she says while keep frying eggs and bacon.
"Nah. I'm good. I just don't want to be late. I'll eat breakfast later, I'm pretty sure Maggie's mom wouldn't let me starving." I said jokingly and continue, "bye mom" I kissed her on the cheek.
"Alright then honey.. have a good day y/n ! Send my greetings to Maggie's mom", I hum and nodded. Then I left my house and went to Maggie's. It's only 10 minutes walks. Not too far away. I'm so excited for today. My first job ever. Woahhh. I feel like an adult. I am an adult.

== a/n ==
How is it guys??? Hope you like this chapter. I will try to keep updating every week. 😊 oh and btw this is a slowburn sooo don't expect everything went fast. But I will have to skip the time to when we're finally going to London and hopefully meet the real Helena. 😉