Chapter 26 | ɪ'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴅʀᴜɴᴋ

The next day we both have to wake up in the morning because Helena have to drive her kids to school. Elena was already went back home last night. And we have an event tonight.

My alarm went off. We both groaned and then Helena sitting up.

"Do we really need to get up now?" Helena said with her raspy voice and rubbing her eyes.

"I don't. But you do!" I chuckled then pull up the blanket over my head.

"Oh no dear. If I suffer, you have to suffer with me too" she laughed and pulled me out of bed with her.

Helena went to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

"Y/n. Love. Could you bring me my towel? I forgot to bring it." She shouts from the bathroom.

I grab her towel from her closet and going inside the bathroom.

"I.. I'm sorry" I said and quickly cover my eyes because when I open the door, Helena already out from the shower completely naked. I gave her towel.

"Oh come on! You've already seen everything" she laughed and wrapped her body with the towel.

I blush and feel a little bit embarrassed.

I brush my teeth and my hair while Helena getting dressed. I put on my dressing gown. Then we walked to the kitchen.

"I'll prepare the breakfast, you go wake the kids" I said.

"You sounds like a housewife!" She said and laughed.

"I have a wifey material. What are you waiting for? Marry me" I said jokingly.

Helena almost choke on her own laughter.

"You okay?" I ask genuinely concerns.

"Yeahh.. I'm going to wake the kids." She said and leave.

She act pretty strangely. But I pushed that thought aside. Maybe it's just me being too sensitive. Then I continue making toast for breakfast.

Helena come back to the kitchen with the kids. We eat breakfast and then they leave for school.

I walk to the bedroom and take a shower. 10 minutes later I got out and put some oversized shirt and shorts. Then I go to the living room and watch tv.

Helena come back and sit next to me and snuggled up without saying a word.

"Hey Hellie.. you okay?" She just nodded.

I wrapped my arms around her and rubbed her arm. She let out a deep breath and look up at me.

"Y/n"  she said quietly.

"Mmm" I look at her deep in the eyes and raises my eyebrows.

"Can I ask you something?" She asked.

"Of course love" I smiled.

"But I want you to be frank with me!"

"I will" I start to feel nervous.

"What do you think about marriage?" She asked.

"Huh?" I said confused.

"Do you think it is important for people to get married?" she's now playing with my shirt.

"Not really. No. For me it's not necessary. Marriage is just a piece of paper. All that matters to me is commitment and loyalty. Why'd you ask? Is it important for you? If yes, I'll do it for you" I asked.

"That's exactly what I thought" she sighed in relief and rested her head on my chest, "I'm glad we have the same perception on that." She added.

"Then why you asking me that?"