42

Tw. Psych ward, hallucinations
Sage

I wiped my hands on my joggers as we walked into the hospital. Holly had come along, but wouldn't be in the same room as us for a bit. I was anxious to see Calum, and Rider- would he be mad at me?

We found our way through the halls and to the waiting room, where we signed ourselves in. Not even a minute later, Crystal had appeared, and called me inside. Holly stayed where she was sat, and gave me a firm nod.

It felt alien. I'd ruined their lives, and though he sounded okay on the phone, what if dad was mad? This had kept me up all night, and Rory had ended up sneaking into my room that morning so that we had company. This dismayed Mark a lot, but he promised not to tell as long as we didn't do it again.

I had barely stomached breakfast or lunch, and slept through my usual time to talk to Dr Fahri, pretending to be asleep, even when they woke me up.

But when I walked into the room and Calum stood, letting me into his arms, it was all for nothing, and I realised how much I had missed him.

I held on tightly, pressing my face into him, smelling home.

"Have you grown?" he teased, "I'm so happy to see you,"

"Me too,"

"How have you been?"

"Okay,"

"I'm so proud of you,"

"Are you crying?"

"No,"

I giggled, because he so was, but let him have his moment.

"What have you done today then?"

"I was too nervous to do anything, or eat, or have my therapy,"

"Oh darling, why did you feel nervous?"

"I thought you'd be mad,"

"I am not mad. I am proud, and I admire you, for being so honest and brave,"

"But I have caused chaos,"

"You have not. I promise. Lets get Crystal to check everything's okay, then we can see Gia and Rider,"

"Okay,"

"And how is your cast feeling? Is your wrist okay?"

"Yeah, it's okay," I said, sitting down on the chair, "Rory signed it this morning, look,"

"He sounds lovely," he smiled, holding my hand as the chair went down, "I'm sure Rider will have lots of questions,"

I let Crystal take a look, but it was really quick, and I got to sit up again. Apparently it all looked good, so that was a relief, and all that I was worried about was my wrist and Rider's cheek. Hopefully it would've healed by now.

"Off you go, you're free," she smiled.

"Thank you,"

"You're very welcome,"

Calum took my hand as I stood, then put his arm around me and led me through the hospital.

"Going back is going to be hard,"

"I know, darling, but I believe in you. Is Dr Fahri nice?"

"Yeah, and my 1:1 is. I have a new one for night, and she's nice, but we don't talk much because it's night. And Mark is nice too, he understands us as teenagers, not just for the reason we are there,"

"It sounds like you've been lucky then,"

When I opened the office door, Rider sprinted over and launched himself at me, almost knocking me over. Calum caught me, then shut the door and led us back to the sofa.