Ch. 31 - CURRENTS

Start from the beginning

"Actually, Boyd has come up with a plan." Azalea said as she sat next to Isaac on the table and Boyd nodded, "Yeah, I thought about the time Gerard had me and Erica locked up, tied up with electrical wires pushing currents through us. I was wondering how we could do something like that... but on a bigger scale." Boyd explained as he pulled out a bunch of electrical wires.

"In a pool of electrified water, it can take up to fifty milliamps to kill a normal human." Boyd said as he turned on a hose in the loft, "Less than the power it takes to turn on a light bulb." Boyd said and Derek glanced over at Isaac and Azalea. "That's... comforting..." Derek said and Azalea chuckled as she wrapped her arms around Isaac's arm while resting her chin on his shoulder.

"If we disable the circuit interrupter in the building's electrical room, the current will keep coming, and anyone who steps foot in here? They'll get a pretty shocking surprise." Boyd said and Azalea smirked, "Especially someone who's barefoot." She said and Boyd nodded.

A little while later Boyd flipped a switch, turning a light on before tossing the electric wire into the water covered floor. Immediately the water started cracking with electricity as they all stood on wood pallets above the water. "Is this gonna kill 'em?" Isaac asked as they watched the electrified water and Boyd shook his head slightly.

"I hope so." He said and Azalea nodded in agreement, "As do I."

Azalea and Isaac sat next to each other with Derek standing next to them and Boyd on a separate pallet not far away as the sun started going down. "Isn't that light supposed to be on?" Isaac asked, making them all look over at a control box, "Yeah..." Derek said.

"What does it mean if it's not?" Isaac asked and Azalea signed, "Someone cut the auxiliary power." She said. "What about the main-" Boyd went to ask but all of the sudden all the lights went out making them shoot up. Azalea glanced down at the water before slowly stepping down.

"Azalea!" Isaac said, going to grab her arm but stopped when they realize she was completely fine. Derek stepped down and walked over to the main room. "Derek... What do we do now?" Azalea asked and Derek looked up at the door with red eyes, "We fight."

A few seconds later there was some banging and clanging coming from the door before it got pulled open as Boyd, Isaac and Azalea went to stand next to Derek. Kali slowly walked into the loft, her clawed hand on full display, "Gonna be honest, Derek... When Ennis died, I thought to myself, I'd just go for it- find you and kill you, wherever you stood." She said as she walked down the steps.

"Then, I remembered how you surround yourself with these teenagers, hiding behind them, and I thought, What's a girl gotta do to get you alone?" Kali said before glancing back as the twins dragged Miss. Blake through the door way. "You and me, Derek... or they tear her apart. What do you say? You think you can beat me one-on-one?" Kali asked and Derek nodded at Boyd, Isaac and Azalea making them walk back over to the wooden pallets.

"I'm gonna rip your throat out... With my teeth." Derek said before both him and Kali roared at each other and Derek leaped at her. Kali went to swipe at him but Derek ducked, before swiping at her. Kali dragged her foot through the water but Derek jumped over at it, swiping at her. She ducked and swiped her claws against his stomach making Miss. Blake scream.

Kali jumped onto one of the beamed and Derek ran over to her but she kicked him in the face making him stumble back. Kali leaped onto the table and growled at Derek as he stood up before running at her. He went to swipe at her legs hut she just tried to step on his arms before kicking him back into the water.

Derek quickly sat up, spinning around to growl at her as she jumped off the table before kicking him back again. Miss. Blake screamed and Isaac when to run forward but Derek noticed. "No!" He yelled and Azalea pulled Isaac back before looking at Boyd, "Wait." She said.