Preference: We're All Gonna Die | Stranger Things

Verse: "Even if my father and mother abandon me, the Lord will hold me close." Psalm 27:10

Encouragement: God will always hold on to us! Even when others reject us, He will hold us close. No matter what we're doing, what we're going through, He is near! He loves us more than we can imagine. We always need Him, and He will be there whenever we call out to Him!

I'm finally back! Sorry it took so long, pals. The third and final part of the Draco imagine will be up as soon as I finish it! In the meantime, here's another, great request.

Also, I've entered Saving Grace in the Watty Awards!

Prompt #17
Requested by antihoshial
Summary: We're all gonna die (but this isn't that depressing).

QOTP: What's your favorite slushee flavor?

Word Count: 4857

Billy -
He wasn't sure why she let him in after everything that happened to her, but she did. When she disappeared with Will Byers, he was no where near here — never even heard about the incident until he asked somebody why she was so closed off.

She eventually told him the whole story from her eyes, and they both think, for a time, it's just the trauma of it that's staying with her. That it is, really, over. But she keeps having dreams.

"At first it was just Will and I hiding, getting taken... things that have happened before, in there," she tells him, whispering over the phone one night. She calls him whenever the nightmares get too bad. "But now it's different. It's things I've never seen before. Scary, awful things."

"Have you asked Byers if he's seeing the same stuff?" Billy asks, trying to solve the problem, to help.

"No. I don't... I just don't know. Maybe it's just me. Maybe my mind is that broken."

"Whatever is, we'll figure it out, okay?"

"I'm just tired. Of all of this. All I want is to be okay again, you know?"

"I know," he says softly, wishing he could hug her.

She sighs. "Thanks for talking to me in the middle of the night. Again."

"You don't have to thank me."

"Yeah, well, I am," she replies, causing him to chuckle. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow. Try to get some rest, okay?"

"I'll try."

The next day, a Saturday, Billy picks her up for a date: an aimless drive around town with spontaneous stops along the way.

After grabbing a bite to eat, they end up at the park, taking a calm walk. Tiredness hangs in bags around her eyes, and he notices, but doesn't point it out. It does neither of them any good.

She's quiet today, and it worries him. It's not just tiredness, but it's like she's closing off again. Getting lost in her own head. She doesn't really speak unless he asks her something first.

As they get closer to the jungle gym, children's voices and shrieks of laughter hit their ears, and parents' conversations and barking dogs soon join the symphony. Y/N crosses her arms, eyes roaming. Cars pass by on the road, one of them honking their horn. Kids run in front of them in a game of tag as their parents shout at them to come back, stay where they can see them.