You Deserve Better (Part Two) | Oliver Wood

Requested by @antihoshial

It's the start of Book 2!!!!!! (Part One is on Book 1!)

Summary: Oliver realizes that he was an idiot and he lost the best thing that ever happened to him.

QOTP: Would you have forgiven him?

Word Count: 1545

That night, when you got back to your dorm, Y/F/N was awake. She smirked at you, unable to see the tears running down your face in the dark. "You just saw Oliver, didn't you?"

"Y-Yes," you whispered back, and she heard the tears in your voice.

She got out of bed immediately. "What did he do?"

You sunk down on the end of your bed. "I didn't want our relationship to be a secret anymore. He did."

Y/F/N sat down next to you. "Then, tell everyone anyway. He'll get over it eventually."

"But there's nothing to tell, Y/F/N. We broke up."

She was surprised. "What? Why?"

"Qudditch."

"You have got to be kidding me."

You shakily sighed. "And also because I'm a Slytherin..."

Y/F/N stood up abruptly, somehow not waking up anyone else. "I'm gonna kill him. That's it. He's dead-"

You grabbed her arm and pulled her back down. "No, Y/F/N. Just leave it alone. Please."

"How am I supposed to-?"

"Please," you said earnestly.

She reluctantly conceded. "Fine."

After that, you both went to bed, one of you crying, the other of you filled with anger.

////

It's been a week or so since you broke up with Oliver. It still hurts when you see him in the halls or in classes. What makes it worse is that he keeps looking at you. Y/F/N says if he does it one more time, she's going to punch him in the face. You just try your best not to look back.

Though, you did once. It was obvious to you that he was filled with regret.

To make matters worse, you've heard a few Gryffindors talking about it — the fact that he looks at you all the time. They think he likes you, which, you guess, isn't necessarily untrue. He just doesn't like you more than Quidditch, apparently.

Or so you think.

One morning, you walk into the Great Hall, and everyone is buzzing. You look around, then ask Y/F/N, "What happened?"

She shrugs. "I have absolutely no idea."

You sit down at the Slytherin table to eat breakfast, and the boy sitting in front of you leans towards you both. "Did you hear what happened?"

"No," Y/F/N replies, reaching for an apple.

"Oliver Wood quit Quidditch."

You stop. "He... He what?"

"He quit Quidditch," the boy repeats. "He stepped down as Captain and gave it to the Weasley twins, and then he just quit the whole game altogether. I mean, what on earth would possess him to do that?"