Numbskulls (Part 2) | T'Challa Udaku

Verse: "See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know Him." 1 John‬ ‭3‬:‭1‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Encouragement: God loves us more than we can imagine, even when it doesn't seem like it or we can't feel it. But He will help us recognize it. He will show us — and shows us every day — that He loves us. He gives us life, the sunrise, nature, His Word, laughter, friends, everything we can purely enjoy. All of it is a gift for us out of love!

The new Sherlock fic, The Baker's Detective, is currently up if you're interested! I'm posting a new chapter every Saturday.

Summary: Y/N has to deal the Winter Soldier, and, eventually, T'Challa has to deal with Y/N.

QOTP: If you could be any Avenger, who would you be?

Word Count: 4159

The year was 1943. War was everywhere, in everything, and never-ending. And yet, gaiety prevailed — in some places.

The dance hall smelled like cigarettes and alcohol with hints of perfume under the surface, skimming the bottom of the atmosphere like an undercurrent. The lights were warm, the music was loud and sultry. Y/N's chair was half comfortable, the plush cushion about to give out. As was her patience.

Steve had refused to come with her, saying every girl he asked to dance would reject him, that no one wanted to dance with a guy who wasn't enlisted. No matter what she said, she couldn't change his mind, so she went by herself to the dance hall to find something fun to do. And yet, she sat, by herself. Maybe if she could woo a general or something he'd let her enlist, but her odds weren't looking good.

Voices from her left reached her ears, a few man half-drunk and unable to whisper.

"Go talk to her, Jenkins."

"I'm going to, I'm going to."

"If you don't, I will. That's a good looking broad."

"I know, I know. Give me a minute." He downed a shot of whiskey. "Gotta get my courage."

"She won't bite you, Jenkins." Y/N chuckled to herself.

"Yeah, all she can do is say no."

Jenkins nodded, then took a breath and walked over to the seat next to Y/N, leaning against the bar. He put on a flirtatious smile. "Hiya, doll."

Y/N sipped her drink, glanced at him. "Do I look like a toy to you?"

"Sorry?"

"Don't call me doll."

To her surprise, he recovered rather quickly. "What would you like me to call you?"

"Anything that will get you to go away."

He laughed. "Well, you can call me your new dance partner."

"If I wanted to dance, I'd be dancing, Jenkins."

Confusion passed over his features. "How did you-?"

"If you and your buddies want to survive the Germans, you should learn to-" she dropped her voice "- whisper."

Annoyance crept into his tone. "You know a lot about surviving the Germans, do you?"

"I think I could do it," she said, sipping her drink. "Better than you."