Floating

A young Obitine oneshot!

This is the only one that I had that doesn't need an insane amount of editing lmao

Sorry this one's a bit short

i also realized it doesn't make much sense, but i think it's cute 

--

If only things could always be this peaceful.

The young Duchess Satine and her Jedi-Padawan-protector stood near the edge of the cliff, overlooking the sea and the sunset. Neither of them had much to say, so they just stood in silence, listening to the sounds of the world around them.

For Obi-Wan, the surroundings pulled him to the present. They kept his mind in place, his thoughts from drifting. Normally, if he'd had this much quiet time to think, he would've been rambling on about something foolish. But here and now, he felt no need to think, so he simply stood with a light, genuine smile. 

Nothing could hurt them here. 

"Have you ever wondered what it'd be like to fly?" Satine said, staring off at the shimmering horizon as the breeze bristled through the bright green grass at her ankles. "I believe it'd be quite fun."

Obi-Wan looked at her with confusion. They had flown before, in ships and with jet-packs and with anything else you could imagine. Flying was normal for them. "Satine, what do you mean? We have flown."

 "I mean without a ship or jet-pack, Obi," She looked down at their hands clasped together, the amusement leaving her expression. "Although, I presume flying with a jet-pack is the closest we'll ever get to flying freely..." 

Why did she seem so sad about this? It's not like any human would ever be able to fly like that, so why even be sad about it? 

He thought for a moment.

Well, as a Jedi, maybe he could change things.  

An idea came to him. Oh, if his master caught him doing this, he'd be very grumpy. Well, if his master caught them at all, he'd be very grumpy, but that wasn't the point.

 "Not quite," He smirked. Satine looked up and caught the mischievous glint shining in his eyes.

 She smirked at him. "What are you planning?"

 He looked down at the ground, squeezing his eyes shut and furrowing his brows in concentration. He gripped her hand, and after a moment, they slowly floated upwards. 

 She squealed and grabbed his arm as they moved higher. Of course, it was only a foot or two, but it was exhilarating. 

 Satine had to try not to scream as she looked down at the ground. She looked over at Obi-Wan, who was still deep in concentration. It was probably very tiring to hold them up like this, especially when he was still a Padawan. She assumed he didn't have much experience with using the Force like this. 

After a few long moments of hovering in the air, Obi-Wan couldn't hold them both up anymore, and they fell to the ground. Neither of them landed on their feet however; they both landed on the ground with a painful thud. 

Despite how sore Satine knew she'd be later after falling 3 feet and landing on her back, she still chuckled and grinned at Obi-Wan. He grimaced as he sat up, but when he saw her smile, he looked over at her and weakly smiled back.

 Without hesitation, Satine jumped towards him and wrapped her arms around him. His first instinct was to flinch away - as a Jedi, this type of contact wasn't permitted. But since he was weary and his head was spinning, all he could do was hug her back. She buried her face in the crook of his neck and he could feel her smile.

 This was their first moment like this, the first moment where they'd held each other and it wasn't just him protecting her from an explosion (which had happened a lot recently, for some reason). It meant something, it did.

 Butterflies danced in Satine's chest as she relished this moment, holding the boy she loved with all her heart tighter. 

Yes. She loved him. And she would love him forever and ever, until her dying days.