Chapter 12

"Aika, Is everything okay?" a voice rung out causing the white haired girl to jump up and drop the plate she was washing in the sink. She slowly turned around. 

"Of course Tohru" Aika smiled sweetly at the girl while Tohru still wore a concerned look as she held her hands tightly together.

"But that bandage on your face" Tohru mumbled while Aika froze, attention drawn onto her face which wore a bandage on her left cheek.

"I just fell Tohru" Aika mumbled as she grabbed a cloth and dried her hands "Don't worry beside you should be packing" Aika smiled

"Oh yes! Are you sure you can't come Aika?" Tohru questioned concern laced in her voice as she remembered back to Aika's conversation with Yuki. 

"Don't worry Tohru" Aika smiled rubbing the girls head though as she did she looked down the hall to meet the glowing eyes of Kyo "Beside someone has to look after the house!" Aika cheered raising her hand up. 

"If your sure Aika" Tohru smiled before she gasped loudly "I don't think i have packed my hat" Tohru stated in surprise before she ran away. 

"You didn't fall did you?" a voice rung out as Aika signed and looked to meet the concerning eyes of Kyo.

"Akito found out i lied" Aika muttered holding her cheek while Kyo tightened his grip more and looked at the girl in concern before Aika laughed. 

"Do you remember the first time we met?" Aika questioned causing Kyo to look at her confused as she smiled "I do, i will never forget how terrible i felt when i saw you"

"I'm sorry!" a loud voice called outside the Sohma estate as a young Kyo stood there dressed in white practicing his martial art as he looked back confused

"Huh?" the young boy questioned before his eyes widened on see a young girl with short white hair bowing towards him. 

"It's all my fault!" The young aika shouted while Kyo only became more confused on looking at the girl who looked back up suddenly purple eyes brimming with tears. 

"I'm the songbird!" she shouts while Kyo eyes widened on looking at the girl the same age as him. 

"Y-Your the-" Kyo stopped his young eyes widened on seeing the tears stream down her eyes as she wiped them

"I'm sorry! It's all my fault!" she shouted continuously wiping her tears that fell while Kyo simple looked at her with a shocked expression before he rubbed his head. 

"Stop crying!" Kyo shouts while Aika eyes widened, she looked at him in shock as he looked at her with an annoyed expression "You should stop blaming yourself!" he shouted at her as Aika looked at him in shock. 

"D-Does this mean we can be friends?" Aika questioned holding out her hand to him as he stiffened looking at her smiling face. 

"You changed moods quick" Kyo mumbled crossing his arms while Aika giggled and smiled at him before that was soon interrupted

"Aika!" a loud shout called out causing the girl to stiffen as well as Kyo as they looked to see an older women, wearing a kimono marching her way towards them in anger "What are you doing you stupid girl!" she shouts grabbing Aika arm. 

"I'm sorry i-" Aika stopped as her hand was dragged as the older women glared down at her.

"Nothing! Your only job is to stay by Akito! Your not allowed out!" the older women shouted as she began to drag Aika away who has her head down. The younger Kyo looked at the scene shocked.

"She, She's like me" he mumbled to himself in shock.

"Yeah, You wouldn't stop crying" Kyo muttered rubbing the back of his head with sign though he turned to see the smile on Aika's face. 

"I suppose i was" Aika laughed while Kyo looked at her in concern as he stretched his arms out. 

"What made you think of that anyway?" Kyo asked while Aika stopped before she smiled slightly, Kyo could tell it was fake. 

"Well i ran into the same maid when i went, Reminded me of my job" Aika mumbled as she looked down at her hand before she signed 

"Oh well" Aika smiled once again. 

"Have fun!" Aika waved at the car as Tohru waved back along with Shigure and Yuki as she smiled, though once the car disappeared her smile vanish. 

"All alone again" Aika mumbled as the door closed, she soon fell to the floor leaning against the door as she hugged her knees tightly as she remember the look Akito gave her. 

"Oh Oni-chan" Aika mumbled holding her cheek as she bit her lip almost like she was trying to compress a cry "When did you change?" she questioned

RING RING

Aika eyes furrowed as she heard the phone ring, she signed before she stood up and made her way to the dark phone and soon picked it up. 

"Hello?" Aika questioned with almost an annoyed voice

"Aika, Darling" a voice muttered as Aika eyes widened recognising the voice anyway as her whole body shook with fear at the voice itself. 

"Ren?" Aika questioned with a gasp while the women simple signed

"Why not call me mother like you use to, i mean you always wanted my attention didn't you?" the women stated again with a smirk while Aika still wore a horrified expression. 

"I heard about your little fight with Akito, if you want i can help you in breaking your bond-" Aika didn't allow the women to finished as she ended the phone with gasp as her face still wore horror. 

"W-Why?" Aika practically gasped as she fell to the floor, holding her stomach before she reached for the phone and dialing a number. 

"Hello?"

"Can you meet me?" Aika stated. 

Aika sat at the same crepe place she had sat before, her arms wrapped around herself as her leg bounce up and down, she simple looked at the tea what wasn't steaming anymore a she looked around and wiped her eyes. 

"Aika!" a voice called out as her eyes widened as she looked up while the person stopped on seeing her expression while Aika simple smiled. 

"Emi" Aika smiled slightly while the blondes eyes widened in concern on seeing her best friend look so broken. 

"What happened? and your cheek!" Emi questioned sitting down opposite the girl while Aika simple looked down with a frown. as she held her cheek.

"It's-" Aika began before her eyes widened on seeing the terrifying purple eyes again "Nothing, i just wanted to see you" Aika smiled while Emi stopped. 

"Aika" Emi mumbled before she reached over and grabbed the girl hands with a slight smile "You don't have to keep it in" Emi smiled caressing the girls hand

"I know... Thank you" Aika smiled as she held her hand, Emi signed as she looked at the girl. 

"You sounded upset on the phone so...." Emi trailed off before the cafe door opened again, Aika looked up before her eyes widened again on seeing a certain boy stood there "I knew he can cheer you up" 

"Aika!" Kakeru practically sang running over while Aika looked at him before she broke out in a genuine smile on her face. 

"There we go" Emi smiled slightly leaning her head in her hands as she watched the girl and boy interact with a smile.