Forty-Five

"You always believe that they will not harm you

"You always believe that they will not harm you... and you think, I can do that for you? Hmm?"

My mind and heart were at peace a while ago. My heart was calm that I have to remind myself that I should be angry with him and to make that happen I have to think that one worst night he molested me brutally.

Sa pagitan nila ni Ninia, dapat ay mas magalit siya sa sarli niya. Hindi ko nga siya nakitaan ng pagsisisi, bukod noon sa pag-iyak at halos gusto niyang wasakin ang ding-ding na naghihiwalay sa amin noon sa kulungan. Iyon ang huling pagkakatanda kong gusto niyang humingi ng patawad, pero ngayon ay ganito ang inaasta niya.

Ang kapal ng mukha!

"You raped me. It is the most disgusting experience... I don't want to remember anymore. It kills me every bit of my soul. You think I will be okay here, being with you? I'll never feel at ease." I am seething with anger. When he didn't talk back that was the time I glanced at him controlling my tears to come out? I want him to understand that I am not happy with our setup. But for the sake of this mansion, I am trying my damn best to put my manners. But after what he said. Does he think, we will be okay? Never. I may forgive him but I will never be okay when he was around! "Seeing you reminded me how ugly I am now."

Nilagpasan ko siya upang makaakyat na.

"What is your proof that I was really the one?"

Napahinto ako sa paghakbang. Nagtangis ang aking mga bagang, hindi ako nagsalita.

"Is this the one you've been talking to?"

Tiningnan ko ang hawak niyang pahaba na silver box. Binuksan niya iyon at pinakita ang laman. It was my pair of handmade gloves I made for him with his initials. Hindi nawawala ang isa, kung ganoon!

"I kept them with me. So, tell me where did you get the spare gloves that look exactly what you made for me? Do you happen to make another one for someone else except me, hmmm, Eury?"

All my beliefs and faith were shaking. Swanda's name immediately filled in and it means I have another problem!

I was Swanda when I lost one of the gloves.

What if Swanda took the missing gloves? Walang puwedeng mag-kainteres noon kung hindi siya! Ang tanong kanino naman niya ibibigay? Kung mayroon naman, who could be that person who would very glad to do it to me? I don't see the reason for Swanda to harm me and do it to me. I clearly see Simon that night. He was the one who was standing that time when my vision from him covered.

The possible team-up of Simon and Swanda.

But it was hard on my side to believe in it. What was gotten to Swanda to do that? We never had an argument, but wait? I knew she was jealous of all my glamour and popularity without doing anything. But it was lame!