Thirty-Five

"I'll pay everything just do something with Gregery's case!"

My consciousness brought to life upon hearing those words. I saw my mother still on her dress from last night, worn-out and eyes swollen from non-stop tears. Three cellphones were on her hand, one was near her ears while the rest were demanding for her attention.

"Let Criselda fixed the issue, make her busy—" bahagya siyang gumalaw upang lumingon sa akin. "I'll call you back." Natataranta niyang inilagay sa side table ang mga hawak bago lumapit sa akin. "Darling?"

"Nasaan tayo, mom?" The window was wide open for me and light from outside seemed calling as signal to continue my failed attempt. All the pain and burden on my chest filled inside one by one as if they were stuck there and won't be remove forever.

"We're in the Hospital. Darling, what happen? Why did you suddenly— No, Eury!" She tried to stop me from running going on the open window.

"Let go, mom! Let go of me!"

"Somebody help!" she yelled out despite the unsteady strength.

I made it to escape on her arms but before I could reach the frame of the window, someone grabbed me back on my bed and installed an injection on my left arm.

"What did you do, mom? Why did you let me survive? I should have die—" my voice slowly turned into a whisper when I lost my consciousness.

I don't know how many hours I fell asleep, but I wake up again with a body pain. Am I dead?

Mom wasn't around, only a nurse, on her hand a tray full of food. She placed them on the side table. It was just on my side, I could reach it with my arm length. When she turned around, I broke the bowl of soup and took the glass, pointing it on my pulse but the nurse made it to stop me with the same too— magic injection. I lost consciousness and fell asleep, each time I would wake-up that was my reaction.

For the nth time, I wake up but I can't do something this time. They tied my hands and feet on my bed. Mom looked miserable as she glared on my situation. I am not used to her like that. Looking not classy at all on her simple shirt and blue jeans, she looked unprepared on her messy bun hair, just like my first recalled tears pooled on her cheek.

"Anak, saan ba ako nagkulang?" she broke the silence between us.

"You won't understand me," I murmured, aware that my voice shaded sarcasm. The brim of my eyes became blurry as I thought why I can't just die!

She shook her head. "I'm your mother. I will understand you. Just stop this act, I won't let that happen. You are my only treasure, and if I lose you too I might die first before you."

Binalot ako ng takot. "Mom!" I almost begged as tears fell down my cheek.

Niyakap niya ako. "Honey, what can I do to understand you. Please let me help you."