Trust Issues (Chapter 7)

Start from the beginning

"No we're not fucking and we're not even in a relationship yet, we just cooling it." I laughed. I saw Man relax back in his chair and take a sigh of relief.

"What you mean cooling it?" He asked giving me a look.

"She not ready for a relationship and I respect that so ima be waiting til she is." I replied simply. "But when she finally gives me a chance and we get togeth-"

"Wait! You think I'm actually about to let you date my sister? My baby? Armoni? Nigga you got life fucked up if you think I'll let you date her. You be dogging the hell out of these females. You think my sister dumb enough to fuck with you? I warn her all the time about niggas like you." He chuckled.

"I wouldn't do her like that. I care about her too much to dog her out like I do these bitches. When we-"

"I'm not letting you date my sister, period." He said cutting me off. "Fuck you thought? Nigga you're hilarious." He said as he bent over in his chair laughing. He was gasping for air and grabbing stomach as he hit his hand on the desk. His laughter finally settled down and he sat up in his chair as he wiped the tears from his eyes. He watched me with a straight face before busting out laughing again. I smacked my lips before getting up from my seat, I was not about to sit up here while he laughed in my damn face.

"Fuck this." I said about to leave his office.

"Wait bruh, my bad." He chuckled as he called me back.

"What nigga?" I huffed.

"Sit down, I ain't mean to laugh at you." He chuckled as he gestured to the chair that I was previously sitting in. I mugged him as I sat back down. He took a hit of the blunt and blew the smoke out before laughing loudly again.

"I don't believe you and my sister talk. She's too smart to fuck with a nigga like you." He said shaking his head.

"Believe it." I smirked as I pulled my phone out of my pocket. I pressed the home button and slid my phone across his desk. He eyed me before picking it up and staring at the screen. It was a picture of Aaliyah and Armoni together, I had walked in on Armoni painting Aaliyah's nails. It was late one Friday night and I had came in from doing a job and I caught them up having a spa night and eating junk food. Armoni looked so perfect and seeing her with my Princess made my heart melt so I took an off guard picture of them and made it my lock screen.

"That don't mean shit. She likes kids, so what?" He scoffed before sliding my phone back across his desk. I nodded my head with a smirk on my face before picking up my phone and unlocking it. I was really about to fuck him up.

"It gets better." I told him as I slid the phone back. The look on Man's face when he saw that picture lowkey made me regret even showing him. Aaliyah loves stealing my phone to take random ass pictures and videos. While I was going through my camera roll deleting her random ass pictures, I came across one of Armoni and I that she took. Armoni and I were cuddled up in the bed, laughing at something that was on TV. Half of her body was laying across my chest and my arm was wrapped around her lower waist. I was damn near grabbing her ass.

"I'm trying my hardest not to jump across this muthafuckin desk on you." He said after taking a deep breath through his nose. Maybe showing him that picture wasn't such a good idea. I'm not scared of Man but his ass is trigger happy and I'm not trying to leave my daughter fatherless.

"We're just friends right now, she won't even let a nigga come in her room after ten at night." I laughed, telling the truth. Sometimes I try to fall asleep in her room on purpose, just so I can sleep next to her or be in her room after ten. Sad thing is, her ass will leave and go sleep on the couch or with Tatiyana. I can't win for losing with her sometimes.