Parent Conference

Start bij het begin

"It was my fault that Luz got hurt so of course I wanted to take her here."

"Lilith won't deduct any points as it was an accident."

"Please tell her that I said thanks."

"Will do. I'll see you in fourth period, Luz."

Once Eda walked out of the room, Amity focused her attention on me.

"So are your friends able to hang out with my friends at lunch?" I got off the bed to take my clothes off and put my school uniform on.

Amity quickly turned around and answered, "I-I had Boscha text them and they all agreed to the plan. I hope neither of them do anything stupid."

"I'm sure they'll be on their best behavior. They didn't seem like they're bad when I first met them."

"They're sort of troublemakers."

"They still don't sound and seem too bad," I buttoned up my last piece of clothing when the nurse walked into the room.

"Good morning Luz. You woke up just in time for lunch to begin. I already checked your head while you were asleep to see if there are any damages and it appears that there's nothing concerning to be aware about other than a little bruise on your right cheek which I already got rid of. You are set to leave."

"Thank you so much ma'am," the nurse nodded in response.

RIIIIIIIINNNNNGGG!!!

I shoved my workout clothes in my bag as Amity grabbed her backpack. Together, we headed to the cafeteria, side to side.

"What are you planning to eat for lunch?"

"Spaghetti. What about you?"

"I'm not sure. They have so many different options. Whatever catches my attention, I'll order it," I grinned.

Amity gave me a small smile before turning her head away. We made it to the cafeteria and our friends were already sitting together at a table. Amity and I walked over to them and got addressed.

"Sup you two. You doing alright Luz?" Boscha questioned me.

"Yes I am. Never felt better."

"Boscha here told us that Blight knocked you out while playing dodgeball," Skara glanced at the both of us.

"Yeah, she did, but that's okay. I forgive her."

"You two should go get food before the line starts getting long," Jessica stated.

"Oh right. We'll be right back," I wandered along with Amity to the lunch line.

I looked at the menu to find what food sounded appealing to me. Amity, on the other hand, was rummaging in her backpack before it was time for us to order our food. I ordered what Amity and I wanted as the cafeteria lady told us the amount we needed to pay.

"Ah sorry! I can't find my money in my backpack."

"Here, I'll pay," I handed the lady cash and got my change back.

It was like deja vu when I first met Amity as Firelight at the coffee shop.

"You shouldn't have done that Luz. How much do I owe you?"

"I'm not allowing you to starve. And don't worry about giving me money."

"Are you sure?"

"I am sure Amity."

"Thank you, Luz," she mumbled as a red tint appeared on her cheeks.

"No problem. That's what friends are for," I showed a genuine smile.