Chapter 1.2

Nothing went wrong. Ling Xia went to tutor that boy on Wednesday afternoon, and no complications arose. Ling Xia spent his time researching figure skating. That sounded weird, but Ling Xia liked to go into everything prepared. He also got Li Ming's father to sign him up for an ice skating class. The classes started two weeks later, two days per week. Ling Xia also invested the money Li Ming earned from being a tutor into stocks.

Since Mu Ninghua and the male lead, Bu Huai, were going into the business industry, Ling Xia got a few sneak peeks into what stocks would rise or fall. The memory was pretty vague, so he didn't have much information, but Ling Xia had been in three worlds that were business-oriented, so he was already a master at this. The stocks would be an easy way to get money if he ever got fired.

Ling Xia also confirmed his idea that Mu Ninghua didn't like him. Actually, it wasn't just dislike, it was hate. Ling Xia had no idea why. The only clue he had was her inferiority complex, but that alone shouldn't garner that much hate.

On Saturday, Ling Xia went to Mu Ninghua's house intending to search for clues. He knocked on the door and waited for Mu Ninghua to open it. He stepped into a house that was beautifully decorated. Too beautifully decorated for a second-class family.

The porcelain items that were on every flat surface in sight looked like they came from the most expensive auction house in town, the carpets that were laid out everywhere the eye could see felt like they were made of the best wool, and the paintings that were hung from the walls could be sold for hundreds of thousands of yuan. Well, even if it was suspicious, Ling Xia could still enjoy it, right? He took a moment to take in everything his eyes allowed him to see. Alright, back to the serious stuff now.

Ling Xia felt like Mu Ninghua was taking advantage of her pursuers too much. Especially because it wasn't in her character description, but figuring out why was the reason he was here today.

Mu Ninghua led him to the living room, where a trifold was lying on the ground. "Did you bring any materials?" she asked.

In response, Ling Xia took everything out of his bag. From crayons to colored pencils, watercolor to acrylic, he had everything he 'borrowed' from Li Ming's brother. "Yes."

"That's great! Then let's get started!" Mu Ninghua exclaimed. "I did some research on drugs, and I was thinking we could do our project on tobacco."

"That's fine with me. I did some research on that too." The two worked on the project till the light faded outside. "Alright, I think we're done for today. Should I come back tomorrow to finish this off?"

"Yes, but don't leave yet, I'll ask my dad if you can stay for dinner."

Ling Xia didn't refuse the free food. "Thank you for your hospitality." He watched as Mu Ninghua left the room to get them their dinner. As soon as she turned the corner, Ling Xia sprung up from the ground and quietly and quickly scoured the area he was in. An area searched was an area crossed off, after all.

Over the past few hours, he arrived at an idea that might explain why Mu Ninghua hated him. Ling Xia was a detective in a past world, and he had come across a case containing a person that took pleasure in acting differently in front of different people. He'd asked a psychologist, and she told him that these people usually have diaries that are generally used for writing out their real emotions. She said that these types of people, since they weren't doing it normally, needed a place to vent out their real emotions. It was bad for a person if they kept too many emotions locked up.

Mu Ninghua seemed like that type of person in Ling Xia's eyes. How else could she have lived happily while faking her entire personality and possibly even who she loved? So what Ling Xia was looking for right now was a diary. That didn't mean he ignored everything else, though.