Too Close for Comfortable

Xia didn't want to come to work after Jackson found her in bed with Channie and Jaebeom, but she had a business run. She had to meet with the bartender tonight, and Bam would be training him tonight.

As she sat in her office, she looked over her paperwork to make sure things were in order. She knew in the back of her mind that she still needed to visit to Chemin. There were so many things going on, but she needed to figure out a way to balance it all.

"Ms. Jones," she heard a voice at her door, and went completely still when she recognized who was at the door. She quickly caught herself and forced a smile on her face.

"Yes, can I help you?" Xia asked. It can't be possible. I don't understand. She thought to herself as she saw him move forward towards her desk, and sat before her.

"Yeah, I am here for my first day. Junie hired me earlier today because you needed help with your club. I'm sorry if you forgot me from the other night, but I am Seo Changbin," he said.

"I didn't forget. I am just surprised to see you is all," Xia tried to process everything. This is too much of a coincidence. But, why would she trip over him being here? She definitely needed the help, but he seemed like he wanted to help her in more ways than one.

Her phone vibrated against the table, and she looked down to see Chan's name pop up in the notification center of her phone. Her eyes peeked over to look over the message.

Chan: Baby, do you need anything tonight? I am going to be working late in the studio tonight.

Chan is always so thoughtful. A warm smile appeared on her face as she stared at the text message. She hasn't seen him since yesterday, and already she missed him.

"Okay, well, listen. I have been bartending for a while, so you won't have to show me much," Changbin said, and she returned her attention back to him.

"Oh, Bam Bam will be here shortly, and he will show you everything. Also, write down your number so I can add you to the group chat on kakaotalk," she slid over a notepad and a pen.

"If you wanted my number, all you had to do is ask," Changbin flashed a sexy smile as he wrote down his number. Yep, she's going to have to be careful with this one. He made it quite clear he's interested the other night.

"Boy, stop. If I wanted your number, I would have already it," Xia sat back against her chair.

"We're going to get along just great," Changbin said.

"As long as you do what you need to do. I have no complaints or issues. I am a pretty chill boss. Just let me know upfront about any schedule changes and switch with someone in our group chat," Xia explained.

"Not a problem. Don't worry, I always get the job done," he said.

"So, what made you apply to work here?" Xia asked.

"You."

***

"Well, it looks like we are label mates," Winnie sat next to Chan on the couch, but move further away from him.

"Yep," Chan didn't have any interest in talking to her or even pretending to be nice.

He would have preferred his other ex, Alex, to be signed here. She would be easier to deal with than her. But, he wasn't going to let anything get in the way of his dream.

"You two know each other?" Jaebeom sipped on his coffee and sat in the middle of them.

"Yes, he's my ex," Winnie said, and crossed her legs. Jaebeom looked back over at Chan. The energy in the room felt weird, but Chan wasn't here to socialize. His mind is focused on the work.

"Anyways, we need to focus on writing these lyrics before the producer gets back," Chan said, and looked down at his notepad.

"Alright, I guess I know all I need to know," Jaebeom said, and returned his attention back to his paper.

"I heard you were creeping into some hotel with some girl. Nothing has changed about you," Winnie said.

"My girlfriend, Xia. Listen, we don't have to like each other to work together. We both wanted to get signed, and now we are here. Let's just be cordial, please. It's already been a long day," Chan didn't even look up at her.

"Are you going to cheat on her, too?" Winnie added.

"Do you two need me to leave? Cause there's definitely some unresolved issues between you, two," Jaebeom said.

"No, I am fine. This will go on all night if I let her. She wants to get under my skin," Chan said.

"Let's just all get along, please," Jaebeom said.

"I heard you two already get along just fine," Winnie said.