Deal or No Deal

Xia felt butterflies seeing Jaebeom on stage doing his thing and in his element. He looked so comfortable on the stage, and even though he's a big introvert, he transforms into a soulful musician. She knew the man had talent initially, but he doesn't always see what she does.

She nodded along and vibed while he performed. Hopefully, this sparks him to really pursue his music and not let fear stop him from succeeding.

Hearing the live version of the song he created with G. Soul felt so good. It means so much more, but while she enjoyed it, she had other thoughts on her mind.

Christopher...

She didn't sleep with him, kiss him, or do anything inappropriate. But, her feelings for him made her realize how she's connected to him. Why does it feel like she's cheating on Jaebeom with him? Cheating isn't her style, but she had a decision to make.

Bam Bam had some interesting advice, but should she really consider doing it. Should she indulge with both men? Then decide who she really wants to be with. But, what if Chan blows up and then leaves her for someone else? Or if Jaebeom leaves her to pursue music his full-time.

Jaebeom walked off of the stage and greeted her with a warm smile. He pulled her into a hug and kissed her lips. "I am so proud of you, baby." "I can't believe my shy daddy performed in front of everyone," she giggled.

Jaebeom held her close to him and said, "You inspired me to do my thing. I couldn't have done it without you. You make me so much better," Jaebeom kissed her, and for a brief moment, she forgot where she was. She looked up into his eyes and smiled at him with warmth.

"Aww, I just helped you see the light inside of you. That's all. But, I am genuinely happy for you," she said. She saw Jinyoung approaching them from behind Jae. She pulled back, and she wasn't sure what he's going to tell them.

Jinyoung cleared his throat, and Jaebeom turned around to see him. Xia created a little distance between them. She didn't want Jinyoung to know her tea.

"Jackson, has told me a lot about you. But, I am so glad I was able to see you in person. I would love to meet with you to discuss business. I'm Park Jinyoung. Here is my card. Call to set up an appointment with my assistant," Jinyoung extended a card to Jaebeom, and Xia watched Jaebeom freeze up.

Xia's jaw dropped, and she covered her mouth. Would that mean that Jaebeom gets signed to Jinyoung's label too? This could change everything for him.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. Thank you so much for the opportunity," Jaebeom could barely get his words out. Xia could feel his excitement even though he couldn't properly articulate it.

Xia felt Jinyoung's eyes on her, and she looked up at him. "Xia, we should talk as well. You have such a great eye for talent. I think we could make an official partnership," Jinyoung handed Xia a business card too. She looked down at the card, and couldn't believe it either.

"Wow, Jinyoung, I don't even know what to say. I wasn't expecting that, but I would love to talk," Xia said.

"No worries, just text me your availability tonight. Let's get something set up soon. Don't keep me waiting, Ms. Xia," Jinyoung said.

Xia quickly noticed how his response was different from what he said to Jae. Is this trying to do this to get her phone number? She watched Jinyoung walked away. 

Xia placed his card in his back pocket. "Babe, you're about to get signed!" She shouted.

"You think he really wants to?"

"Clearly, Jackson put in a good word for you! We need to give him a free round of drinks. This is huge!" Xia hugged him.

"Yeah, and he wants to connect with you too. I think he has a crush on you," Jaebeom said.

"Babe, I never said I was going to the meeting. You just focus on getting this deal so that you can live out your dream. This is all about you right now," Xia tried to get him to focus, because she knows how he can be negative sometimes. She just wants him to be happy and not focus on anything else.

"I know, but I am not even that good. What if..." Xia put her finger up to his mouth and shook her head.

"Hell no, I am not letting you speak negativity over your blessing. You never perform live ever, and tonight, you get the biggest CEO from the best company in Korea wanting to meet with you. Everything is aligning for you. Please, don't block it because you are second-guessing yourself.  Lim Jaebeom, you are crazy talented. This is your moment," she smiled.

"You're right," he nodded. "Everything I have been praying for is working out. So, I am going to enjoy it. Thanks, babe," he smiled.

Xia love to see him smile, but she heard a familiar beat to a Trey Songz song, and she was wondering who would sing that. She walked closer to the backstage entrance, and she saw Channie.

"I just want to thank everyone for coming and a special thanks to Xia for allowing me to grace her stage again. This song is dedicated to her. I hope she knows what she does to me," Chan said.

Thankfully, no one could see her face, but she covered her face when she heard him sing the opening words To Dive in.

This man is determined to get her back. But, it is very flattering that he doesn't mind shouting her out in front of a crowd of hundreds of people.

Xia turned around and saw Jaebeom standing behind her. "You like him, don't you?" Jaebeom asked her.

"Baby, please let's not ruin tonight. Everything is going so good," Xia tried to plead with him.

"Don't baby me. Are you seeing him behind my back?" Jaebeom asked.

"C'mon now. You know that isn't true. I care about you so much," Xia said.

"I heard he came out of your office earlier," Jaebeom replied.

"We did meet, yes, but nothing happened."

"So, tell me you don't have feelings for him," Jaebeom said. There wasn't any way she could smooth this over or try to change the subject. Chan is literally on the stage singing a song about diving inside of her, and he even said he has feelings for her.

Xia isn't a liar, but she also doesn't want to hurt Jaebeom. She tried to think about how she should say it to him.

"Yeah, I have feelings for him," she covered her face, and closed her eyes. She didn't want to see the hurt on his face.

"Alright, so do you want to see him on the side?"

"What?" Xia looked at him, confused. What the hell is he talking about? Does he mean what she thinks he means?

A/n:

Hiiii!! So, I know I haven't updated in a month, and honestly, I wasn't going to come back. I was just going to leave this account. I was getting tired of some of the comments that were judgmental in some of my books. But, I saw my favorite Taemin TikTok, who inspired updating my Switching Position book, and now I have updated this book.

I was really going to delete this or discontinue this book. But, here I am..

So, how y'all think this is going to play out? Do y'all think Jaebeom is serious?

Will Channie be down for it? Or is he going to be all or nothing?

Sn: have you heard magnetic by Rain and Jackson Wang? That song is flavorful.. go listen if you haven't.😍✨