Epilogue 3

EPILOGUE 3

Xydon Zeus S. Montevinski

"Congratulations, Engineer Montevinski!"

Kinamayan ako ng direktor ng may-ari ng tower. He's a singaporean businessman, and known as a powerful billionaire. Inayos ko ang aking coat matapos ang kamayan at humakbang ng isang beses paatras.

"Thank you for trusting my team, Mr. Chua. Congratulations on your new branch here in Singapore."

It's not my first tower project. I already had a lot of finished projects internationally. Ito ang huli munang malaking proyekto ko dahil kailangan ko nang ilaan ang oras ko sa M Prime.

Mr. Chua excused himself. I remained standing in front of my latest project, a 910ft tower. My team was happy behind me. Ako ay nakatayo lamang habang nakapamulsa. I'm happy with this big achievement, but something is missing.

Kung tutuusin, marami na akong proyektong nagawa pero hindi ko pa nasubukan na maging masaya nang matagal. My happiness for my finished projects are all fleeting, mabilis din na maglaho.

Maybe we can't really be happy with our success when we feel that something is really missing. The moment I lost Uoiea, I never felt a long-lived happiness since then. Kung naging masaya man ako ay hindi rin nagtatagal. It's like... my happiness was robbed from me.

Maybe all of my successes will make me happy if I already have her in my arms again. Pero, kailan kaya ulit?

I had a lot of dreams. To build high towers around the world. To give everything to Uoiea with all that I have. To make her proud of me, and to see her joy whenever I accomplish something this big. Pero hindi lahat natupad dahil sa sarili kong katangahan. Even my main dream I failed to secure. I lost her...

I was scared to lose her, and I thought that the decisions I chose would really help me to keep her, but I was wrong. Mas lalo ko siyang nasaktan, mas lalo lang siyang nawala sa akin. My lies, my cowardice, and myself are to be blamed. And I don't know when I could forgive myself after that extreme fallacy.

If only I had the courage to tell her everything, I know we won't end up like that. If only I was brave to listen to her explanations, I know she wouldn't feel greatly impaired. It was my entire fault. All she did was understand me, and support me... And I failed to return the things she did for me.

She trusted me. Ilang beses na akong nagtago sa kan'ya, pero lagi niya pa ring hinihintay ang eksplenasyon ko. She's always willing to listen to me, and wait for my words. Pero siya, unang beses pa lang, hindi ko na napakinggan.Tinalikuran ko kaagad siya. I was really self-centered back then... All I thought was my past and pain. I was a fucking asshole.

All I've wanted was the best for her, but everything turned out otherwise.

When she slipped in my arms, I didn't know what to do next. I was stuck in the middle of nowhere. Hindi alam ang gagawin, hindi sigurado kung magpapatuloy pa ba... She's my treasure. She's like a sun to me. She gives me energy to keep on living, and now that she's gone, I really didn't know how I could cope with the pain.

I was miserable. I know she was, too. I know she loved me as much as she could, kaya alam ko na nasaktan din siya nang sobra. Hindi lang ako...

But I know it's not yet too late. I said to myself, if I lost her because of who I was before, then maybe I really should change so I wouldn't lose her anymore once she's back to me. Mahirap makakuha ng tsansa, pero sisikapin ko...

"Why do you want his company down?" Zoren asked.

Naka-uwi na ako ng Pilipinas. I'm busy with the M Prime, but when I saw Vier's downgrading company, I momentarily got a plan in my head.