Chapter Thirty-Eight

Chapter 38

I woke in the morning to find myself still in Liam's arms. I looked at him and studied his sleeping face, moving a piece of hair out of his eyes. I moved closer and lay my forehead on his closing my eyes again, not wanting to ever leave this moment. 

Liam shifted breathing in sharply as his grip on me tightened. I opened my eyes to meet his light chocolate orbs. 

"Good morning," he spoke in a low raspy voice sending a shiver down my back. I lent in and kissed him as my response, "I'm so happy I can do that." I said pulling back to see a smile on his face. 

Liam chuckled, "You can do that whenever you want." he said, pulling me on top of him as he shifted to lay on his back.

I was so happy, for once I was actually happy with someone to call mine. His smile faded a little as he thought. "What is it?" I asked, tilting my head. 

"We can't tell anyone about us. Can we?" Liam said softly, realizing the situation. I sat up fully looking down at him a little sad at the answer we both knew. 

"No, at least not yet anyway." I thought for a moment, "Well, we can tell Shannon, but other than her no." Liam laughed at me, "You two are trouble you know that?" I winked at him as he pulled me back down and kissed me before exclaiming a come-on and pulling me out of the bed. 

We walked out into the hall letting go of each other and walked down the stairs to find everyone still asleep. Walking into the kitchen, Liam pulled out a pan and some eggs. I started the coffee machine and found some bacon. 

"Awe, our first cooking experience as a couple. Look at us go." Liam grabbed his phone and took a selfie pulling me close. I wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned in but stopped when we heard talking coming from the main room.

Liam and I moved apart just as a red-faced Shannon came into view. "Morning Shann," I smirked at her relaxing at the thought of getting caught. 

Shannon blinked a few times, still looking a little tired before speaking in a hushed voice. "Riley I slept next to Zayn last night! We cuddled!" She sounded panicked as I laughed at her. 

"Told you he likes you." I grinned and grabbed a mug out of the cabinet pouring three cups for each of us. Liam overhearing the conversation laughed at my comment agreeing with me. 

"Yup, Zayn definitely likes you. It's always Shannon this and Shannon that. Did you see the way Shannon's hair looked today? Shannon seems pretty close with Riley, wonder if they talk about me? Ok, that last one isn't true but I bet you do." Liam pointed the spatula at me as I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, you wish we talked about you." I swatted at the spatula.

Shannon looked at us, "Well you two seem to be getting along again." She smiled at me. Oh Shann you have no idea. 

I opened my mouth to speak when Niall walked in. "I smell bacon!", he exclaimed excitedly. 

"Tell you later," I whispered to her before turning my attention to my brother. "Figured eggs and bacon sounded good before we are rushed out the door by Paul." I shrugged and handed him a cup of coffee. 

"You do love me!" Niall fake cried, sniffled, and hugged me. I rolled my eyes and complained, telling him to get off. 

"The rest of the lads up yet?" I asked Niall, taking a sip from my mug and leaning on the counter near Liam. 

"Yeah Z is awake, he went up to shower. As for the other two, haven't seen them since the van ride back here. I'm sure they are in their room. If you go up there knock first." Niall joked leaving the kitchen. I shook my head, "Well guess that means I'm going to see if they are awake. Wish me luck." I walked out of the kitchen and climbed the stairs stopping in front of Louis and Harry's door.