Chapter Thirty-Five

Chapter 35

Shannon's POV: 

We rushed into Zayn and Liam's room they were staying in to look out the window that overlooked the backyard. There was some pushing and shoving to see what was going on as Riley and Louis made their way outside. 

"What's going on Shann? Why is Riley crying? What's Louis have to do with it?" Niall started asking. 

"Niall mate, shut up and maybe we'll hear. Open the window." Harry encouraged. 

I panicked knowing the fight wasn't real and Riley was probably just doing hand motions as she explained to Louis what was happening. "What, no! Don't open the window! It's one thing to watch but another to listen." I glared at Harry telling him he should know better. 

"Oooo" he said under his breath. "Um, yeah, your right. One thing to watch another to listen to. What's this all about?" He redeemed himself.

"Not really sure. She called me saying to get here and to make an excuse to get you all upstairs. Lucky me was already planning to stop in with new outfits for you to wear at the interview and to fix your hair. When I finally got you all up the stairs and her out of her room, Liam was trying to calm her down but she wouldn't talk. I tried to figure out what happened but all she told me was Louis said something to her and they got into a fight over it. That's when I went to kick his ass." I pulled the explanation from my own ass. 

I mean, it was half true so technically I wasn't lying. I looked back at the window and saw Riley glace up, good she knows we're here. 

We watched as the "fight" went on for a while. I have to say they were selling it pretty well, from what I could tell all the boys were believing it. 

"This is a long talk. Must have been big whatever it was." Zayn said. 

"Can you hear anything?" Niall asked fully invested in what was going on with his sister. 

"If you move your head maybe I could hear something." Harry teased. I shushed them both.

Niall leaned closer biting his fingernails as Liam looked down at his feet. I looked at Harry, who seemed a little jealous watching Riley and Louis interact. I reached for his hand linking our fingers and gave him a wink and a smirk to remind him it was all fake. Squeezing my hand tightly, Harry looked back at me with a smile of thanks. 

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Zayn gave Harry and me a curious look, staring at our hands before leaning in to get a better view, placing a hand on my shoulder causing butterflies to rise in my stomach.

I watched as Louis and Riley played the perfect fight that was now coming to an end as Louis put an arm around Riley to walk inside. What a performance! If this singing thing doesn't work out he could be an actor. 

"Shit, they're coming back in. Quick, away from the window. We didn't see anything!" Niall spoke up. I gave him a look. 

"What? I don't know about you but I rather not get a lecture from Riley on spying or being overprotective." He shrugged. 

"Oh for fucks sake." I rolled my eyes and got up letting go of Harry's hand.

"Quickly come over here, let me look at the outfits you have on, and remember we didn't see anything. Now let's see." I looked at the boys' clothes I used as an excuse to get them upstairs. 

"Hmmm, no Zayn and Liam switch shirts. Niall put these shoes on instead. Harry, you look fine, come and sit. I'll start on your hair." We all got into position just in time for Riley and Louis to walk into the room.