Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter 21

Shannon and I were still on the ground when we heard the boys running down the hall. "What's so funny?" Niall was the first one in the room spotting us on the floor. 

"You are," I teased. 

Shannon shook her head, "You had to be there," she said catching her breath. 

Niall raised an eyebrow and rolled his eyes sticking his tongue out at me for the comment I made. I made a face back and got up wiping a tear from my eye. 

"Riley! Did you see the end of the show?" Zayn came in asking. 

"No, I didn't. I'm sorry Z. I'll watch next time yeah?" I responded watching Shannon abruptly fixing her hair and looking anywhere but Zayn. 

"That's okay. I just wanted to know if you saw Harry fall flat on his face." Zayn replied laughing as Harry came in glaring at him. 

"It's not funny Zayn!", he yelled, throwing an empty water bottle at him. 

"Is to mate! You should have seen his face. I'm sure a fan caught it and it will be up by tonight." Zayn continued to tease.

Harry sat on the couch next to Shannon and me pretending to pout. 

"Ew Harry you smell really bad," I wrinkled my nose at him trying to push him away. 

"Oh yeah? How do you like this?" My eyes went wide as Harry dove on top of me tackling me to the ground. 

"Ah! Ew, Harry get off!", I tried to push him off. 

"Oh sweet! Sweaty dogpile!" Louis called coming into the room and seeing the commotion. 

Next thing I knew I was at the bottom of a very smelly and sweaty pile with five boys on top of me. Shannon, who had jumped out of the way, was laughing as I was being crushed. 

"Ugh, please get off!" I yelled trying to break free. 

"Ni isn't this the part where you say to get off my sister?" I was trying to think of anything that would get them to remove themselves before I passed out from being squeezed to death. 

This is not how I want to die. I can't die under smelly, sweaty boys. I just can't. 

Ok so maybe I was being a little dramatic but they smelled really bad. I am going to need a long shower thanks to them. 

"Sorry Riley, but I'll allow this one. That's what you get for making fun of me." Niall said, pushing down on the pile. 

Wow, what a brother. I feel the love. I looked at Shannon for help but got none as she just shook her head backing away slightly. Wow, what a friend. Looks like I'm on my own here.

I tried to roll over but that made it worse as the boys only shifted. Next thing I knew I was face to face with Liam. I locked eyes with him and it was like everything disappeared. Liam stared at me shocked to see my face. I looked into his eyes and for a second I thought I saw a hint of happiness, a flash of need as if his eyes were screaming for me. 

I started to lean in seeing how pink and plump his lips were. Where I was, who was around me, the little thing we decided about kissing him never happening again, and that night being a mistake all left my head. 

I was about to lock on and kiss him when a cough was heard from outside the pile. I blinked and snapped back to reality seeing that the boys had started to get off.

One by one the boys got up letting me breathe a little easier. Liam got up and walked away without a word. What was that? 

I sat up as Louis let out his hand to help me up, giving me a smirk. "All fun and games. Right Ri?", he said, raising his eyebrows at the word games letting me know that the 'game' was officially about to start when I took his hand. 

I smiled back at him and reached for his hand letting him help me up. Not ready for the amount of force Louis had as he pulled me up, I shot up into the air and stumbled into his arms as he caught me whispering in my ear "Level one", before letting me go. 

Kissing Louis on the cheek, I giggled and responded with a "Thanks, Lou." 

Louis smiled wide and added, "For you babe, anything." before walking off to collect the rest of his things for the bus. 

I could see Liam give us a look as Shannon walked over to me. "Um, hello? What was that?" she asked, gesturing at what had just happened.

"Not here", I said in a low voice looking around before adding, "Fancy a ride on the tour bus to our next location Shannon?" 

Shannon smiled and linked arms with me as we walked out adding a "loved to". 

When we turned the corner and were out of earshot of the boys Shannon spoke up again, "Alright Ri, what's up? One minute you're about to kiss Liam, yes I saw that and you're welcome by the way, then the next you're all lovey and shit with Louis." 

I laughed and looked at her, "It's complicated for Louis and me. As for Liam, yeah thanks. I just couldn't help myself. I thought I saw something in his eyes. His body may say one thing but his eyes say another." She looked at me puzzled. 

"So you haven't told me everything." Shannon teased.

I laughed walking onto the tour bus grabbing snacks and drinks before heading to the back. Shannon and I made the little space our own with blankets and pillows on the floor in front of the couch that faced the big projector screen on the one wall. We settled in as ten-year-olds do at a slumber party opening a bag of chocolate waiting for me to begin as the flashbacks hit my head.

I know this one is short but it will be worth it in the next chapter!

Hope you all are enjoying things so far!