Chapter Nine

Guess what day it is!!! It's hump day!!! Queue the camel commercial! (If you don't know what im talking about look it up) Anyway, enjoy chapter nine!

Chapter 9

I woke up the next day still in my bathing suit spread out on the bed with a blanket over top of me. A snoring Niall lay on the bed across from me as I got up and walked to the mirror trying not to wake him. I looked in it and what looked back at me scared me to no end. It was me but she was not the Riley everyone knows. This Riley only a few people get to see was staring back at me. She looks tired, her hair is a mess, and her eyes are bloodshot red from the tiers she cried the night before. Her head hurts and she is very dehydrated. Sadly this Riley was taking over the Riley everyone loved and knew. The Riley that was happy all the time, the Riley that didn't have a care in the world, the Riley who was free, was fading away.

"Morning." A raspy voice Niall said as he sat up in bed. He scratched his head and yawned. I gave him a soft smile from the mirror and headed for the shower. I let the warm water run over me as I just stood there replaying all that happened last night. The talk with Liam, or attempt of. His cold response before leaving me in the hall alone and finally to top it all off, the one-sided screaming match with Josh on the phone. You know the one where I just sat there and listened to the screaming because I missed our daily night call. Then the blaming that followed of this is why he has trust issues and this is why I should have stayed with him instead of going on this trip. By the time the conversation was over, I was in sobbing hysterics. That's when Niall walked in. Bless my brother for being all that he is. We may have our fights and have grown apart over the years but he always knows how to get me to calm down. He didn't ask questions, he just came in, picked me up off the floor, put me in bed, and crawled in next to me wrapping his arms around me tightly until I fell asleep to him singing softly.

Getting out of the shower and drying my hair, I put a pair of light blue ripped jean short shorts on with a pink shirt and tied the bottom into a knot folding the sleeves. I put on a pair of white converse and curled my hair adding a natural makeup look. By the time all was said and done, I looked the part of happy Riley. 

Now all I have to do is act it. I thought as I looked in the mirror one last time. 

There was a knock at the door, here we go. 

I walked to the door and looked through the peephole. Zayn stood in the hall with his bag talking to what looked like the edge of Harry. I opened the door and put on a fake smile. 

"Hey boys!" I said a little too perky. 

I mentally facepalmed, I really got to work on that one. 

"You guys ready?" Harry asked looking into the room for Niall. 

"Yup!" Niall said, zipping his suitcase closed. 

Paul came down the hall and took us the back way through the hotel to our car. We all piled in and off we went to see the world. 

I could hardly hold my excitement, the fake smile becoming real, as we passed historical buildings and statues, my camera at the ready not wanting to miss a thing. We finally reached our destination and got out to stretch our legs. The spot was a nice park-looking area with open fields on top of a hill where you could see the city below. 

"This is where we break for lunch," Paul called as he pulled some blankets and chairs from the back of the car. 

"Who's up for a game of football?" Louis asked, taking the ball out of the back. 

These boys and their sports. Though I do love a good game of football.

I sat and watched as the boys ran around after each other and the ball. They all seemed so happy. I looked at Liam, he was smiling and laughing. I smiled to myself at this sight. 

At least he seems better today. Maybe all he needed was a good night's sleep. 

I was still staring when I heard an angry Paul on the phone behind me. I got up and walked over to him as he hung up.

 "Everything alright Paul?" I asked. 

"We just lost our hotel rooms for the next stop on our tour. If I don't find something quick you all will be sleeping in the tour bus." 

Oh lord no! It's one thing to ride around on that thing, it's another to spend the night on it when we don't have to. 

"Oh, well can I help in any way?" I offered. 

Paul just looked at me and smiled. "Oh Riley, always wanting to help. Thank you darling but I got it." I smiled at him and went back to sit down.

The sky was a clear blue and you could see the city below for miles. I just finished tweeting and posting a picture of the beautiful view when Louis came and flopped down next to me. 

"Hey, Lou." I smiled at him as he breathlessly looked up at me. 

"Hey, Ri." He smiled back as he caught his breath. 

He sat up and took some water from the cooler next to him. There was a long pause as we looked out at the view. 

"Beautiful, isn't it?" I finally spoke. 

You could hear the sound of the other boys still running around now tackling each other to the ground. 

"Yeah, you are," Louis smirked at me with a laugh, joking. 

I looked at him and rolled my eyes giving him a little push. 

"Shut up. You know what I meant." I said looking back out at the horizon.

There was another pause and he finally spoke. 

"Why are you sad?" He asked me, studying my face. 

"What?" My eyebrows folded down at the question. 

"I'm not sad," I said, looking at him. 

"Riley, I can see it in your eyes. What's up?" 

I sat there staring at him before I spoke again. "I just...miss my mum and dad that's all." I lied hoping he would buy it.

 "Yeah and I'm the queen of England. What's wrong?" 

Wow, sassy. "Alright." I took a deep breath, "you got me." I started to play with the hem on my shirt. 

"It's your boyfriend, isn't it? What happened?" Louis's voice was full of concern. I looked down, finding my hands very interesting at that moment. "He...I don't-"

"Well good news everyone!" I was cut off by Paul. "I found a place for us to stay in our next spot so you won't have to sleep on the tour bus after all." The boys all looked at him like he had five heads. 

"That was an option?" Harry asked. 

"What happened?" added Zayn. 

"What? Didn't Riley tell you? We lost the hotel you were to be staying at. Apparently, it was never booked. Good thing I check all of this in advance." Paul was beaming at the fine job he had done.

 "Alright. So where are we staying?" Niall chimed in. 

"You six will be staying at an Airbnb. It has four bedrooms, a pool out back, a nice sized kitchen, and two bathrooms. Pool table and bar on the patio as well." Paul described the place he booked. 

"What about you and the rest of the team?" Liam finally spoke up. 

"We will be next door in another Airbnb. It is all I could find given the time crunch. Speaking of time." He looked down at his watch. "We got to move! We have half an hour before we need to be at the arena!" Paul shuffled us all into the car and we were off again. I sat next to Louis in the back as Harry, Liam, Zayn, and Niall all sat closer to the front talking to Paul. 

I know its a lot shorter this week and because of that I am going to go post chapter ten right now! Hope you liked chapter nine and I will see you in chapter ten :)