(36) Chosen Part 2 - Prinxiety (and Logicality)

Začít od začátku

Another knock on the door while they were eating alerted the four of another visitor. Roman answered the door this time, but as soon as Grey heard the cheery male voice he ran towards the door too. "Oh you look happy kiddo! You have a lot of new toys to play with - can you show me?"

Virgil tried to hold his laughter watching his brother's expression change. Logan, who usually held an extremely stoic expression, turned his head as soon as he heard the voice and his jaw almost dropped, he quickly cleared his throat before his face became one of pure gay astonishment and stared back at his food with his back arched and an extremely focused expression. Virgil elbowed him and chuckled whispering. "You're so gay bro."

"I think adopting a toddler with your boyfriend of six years is more gay Virgil."

"You know what I mean - and he's pan!" Virgil giggled back, still in a whisper and pointing at the social worker Patton. Roman and he were happily talking, Roman providing Patton a log of Grey's first day. The couple had agreed since Grey was their first child that they'll still have regular updates with Grey's old social workers and Patton would be their first port of call. "You should talk to him."

"We both know I'm not capable of doing that." Logan kept his eyes on his food and stirred it around the plate, sipping some cold water and moving his eyes to look at Patton every so often. Virgil smirked again and rolled his eyes. Patton soon paid attention to the two members of the household still eating and walked over with a smile.

"I don't believe we met - I'm Patton, Grey's social worker!" Patton cheered again and brought his hand forward in front of Logan. For a moment Logan just raised an eyebrow and looked at the hand, forgetting how social interaction worked until he kicked himself back into gear and shook the hand.

"I'm Logan, Virgil's brother. I just wanted to meet my new nephew and welcome him to the family - I can tell you he's loved already." Logan sounded more enthusiastic when he realised he had to be social, an awkward goofy smile on his face purely because he was looking at someone who he viewed to be one of the most attractive people he'd met. Virgil smirked and slinked away from the socialisation towards his boyfriend and son - praying Logan would have the courage to get a little more personal with the social worker and maybe ask for a date.

Roman had different ideas, or maybe he just knew what Logan was like. "He's gay as fuck too. And he can do math - perfect role model of breaking stereotypes for our little son."

There was definitely a blush on Patton's face hearing that, one that he quickly cleared with his smile. "Well, good to hear - but remember swearing in front of Grey isn't recommended. He's a confident kid who'll say anything he hears and thinks is a fun word." That point was proven as soon as the words came out of Patton's mouth when Grey screamed 'emo' at the top of his lungs while wanting the television turned on - signifying he wanted Virgil. Both Virgil and Roman ran away after him leaving Patton and Logan alone again. Patton giggled to himself. "I know those two are going to be such good parents - I'm so excited to see Grey grow up in their care. He has such a good name too - Grey Prince sounds like a Disney character!"

Logan looked in the direction they disappeared and nodded. "Do you have any kids yourself? You seem so fond of Grey, he must have been loved even before finding his family." When he smiled at Patton, Logan realised the social worker was in fact staring in an almost dream-like state and a smile, making him smile wider as his cheeks reddened.

"Oh, um, no I don't have any kids. I'm looking for love at the moment - but the kids I care for will always be my biggest priority." Logan sneaked a look at Patton's pink lips, luckily undetected or at least he hoped so, but that only made his blush wilder. "What about you?"

It was getting more difficult to speak and not stare at Patton's lips every second that Logan thought of it - he was so hopelessly single and gay. "Living the bachelor life, not seeing anyone but... I wouldn't mind seeing you." This was so awkward, Logan had never flirted nor even admitted he was considering going on a date before.

But it got easier for the awkward singles to talk to each other the more they tried, and eventually they were holding hands and discussing whether they should go out for dinner the next day to date and decide how they wanted to label themselves. Grey arrived into the dining room again to look for chocolate cake and saw the two men holding hands, a wide smile on his face. "You f'ends? I like you!" And with that Grey happily sat on Logan's lap for the rest of the evening. He could never hate anyone for too long.

*****

The next night, at around 11pm, Virgil and Roman were just snuggling in bed after a loving session of Netflix and Chill. Virgil's head lay on Roman's chest, his heart beating softly beside Virgil's ear, his eyes slowly closing as a yawn escaped him. Tomorrow would be a busy day as they were going to let Grey have a taster day at his new daycare. While Virgil was a self employed artist (he painted a mural for the local high school - that's how Roman and he met), he did need to know Grey had a place to go if neither of his Dads could take care of him that day. "Hey Princey?" Roman looked down at his boyfriend with sleepy eyes. "I love you."

"Love you too Emo Nightmare." Roman stroked Virgil's hair and yawned again. There was still a high possibility Grey would wake up and want another Dragon Witch story or another dozen hugs. Virgil and Roman would still give them of course, Roman just wanted a bit of sleep beforehand. The night wasn't silent for long though - but instead of Grey's giggles Roman's phone rang. He sighed and picked up the phone - seeing it was Patton.

"Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God! Logan's so hot!" Patton was screaming, hopefully he wasn't in near earshot of anybody otherwise that person would most likely be deaf. Roman could only let a tired giggle escape him, putting Patton on speakerphone and letting him chatter. "We went to the Mexican place - Los Chicos - for dinner... He was so polite and so cute and so nervous and it was adorable! Why didn't Virgil tell me he had such a heart-throb of an older brother?"

"Maybe because I remember when he shaved every piece of hair off his body to see whether they'd grow back, for science... It's stained in my mind." Virgil mumbled, also sleepy this time and comforted by Roman's strokes. Roman couldn't resist giving his adorable boyfriend a kiss on the forehead.

"Well I could probably tell you that. The heart-throb-ness is most likely genetic." Roman soothed, making Patton giggle before he gasped again and went on talking about the conversations the pair were having on their first date - some of which was a little too personal if the boyfriends didn't already know Logan and his quirks quite well.

"Oh and the best part - he kissed me! After he walked me to my flat he leant down and gave me the softest and most careful kiss I've ever had and it was adorable!" Patton was giggling loudly, most likely replaying the entire event in his mind. Virgil was already beginning to fall asleep cuddled into his boyfriend. Although Patton was quite loud he wasn't the type of loud to keep people up at night. He actually had the kind of voice people could fall asleep to. "Oh... I'm so sorry I didn't see how late it was!" Patton giggled for a final time and quieted slightly, sighing. "Good night you two! Good luck with Grey tomorrow!"

And after that Patton hang up, leaving the boyfriends in silence again. Roman closed his eyes and cuddled the almost asleep Virgil, kissing his forehead again and humming in happiness. One thing was for sure, Grey was an amazing little kid in Roman and Virgil's life. When he's older he'll not only know that his Dads were grateful to have him but his uncle too. After all, his uncle wasn't an awkward single loner anymore.