3)Justice

A few weeks later, I was informed that I had been sued, I guess. I was to show up on court and answer for my "crimes". As I received the letter, I flipped! I hadn't been back at the station ever since that night. 

-I can't believe this shit!-I said to Thomas, who was laying on the couch, watching some crappy moving, eating Nutella with a spoon.

-What? I'm a sick man! I get to watch lame movies and eat everything I find.-He complained. 

-No...-I sighted.-You're a lost cause. I mean this!-I showed him the letter.

-Oh man, this is bullshit!-He said after he read it.-You got the bad guys, and as a bonus, a rat in the force! What the hell do they want now?! 

-I have no idea... But I'm gonna find out.-I put on my jacket. 

-Where the hell are you going? Mike, calm down... This seems serious... Just, breathe for a second. 

-I'm gonna get some explanations with the boss, down at the station. 

-I don 't think you should, brother... 

-Yeah. See you later. Remember, eat only what's inside the cabinets, Homer.-I mocked him and left. 

We lived in an apartment pretty close to the station. It was a 5 minutes walk to get there. I walked right in, straight to the boss' office. I busted his door wide open.

-Do you wanna explain me what the fuck this is all about?!-I slammed the letter on his desk.

-It's nice to see you too, Mike.-He rolled his eyes and sighted.-Basically means you're fired and facing criminal charges. 

-Criminal charges?! For what? Doing my fucking job?!

-Mike, you got 12 people killed, under your orders! 

-12 fucking criminals! Child molesters! Let's not forget that!-I screamed.-I expected a fucking medal! This tastes way bitter, boss. 

-Criminals or not, they're people. You don't get to judge who lives or dies! You're not God, Mike!-He screamed back.

-I don't wanna be God! I'm just a man, doing what's right! Apparently, the only goddamn man who's doing so! I mean... Who would even feel sorry for those bastards? The world's a safer place tonight than it was yesterday, when they were breathing. You wanna tell me that's wrong? Now I'm the criminal? 

-Yes, you are. You don't get to decide who lives or dies, Mike. I have told you so so many times, yet you chose to ignore me every time. Now, you deal with the consequences of your actions. There's nothing I can do about that, son. It's way above me.-He sighted again. 

-Don't give me that bullshit! Choosing who lives or dies kind of comes with the job! 

-No, it doesn't!

-Yes it does! They shot us, we fired back. They lost, they died. I chose! Between us and them, I chose us. You're telling me that's wrong?

-It is. You should've told the men to stand back. That's what I would've done. 

-And that's why I called animal control on you. Tom & fucking Jerry riding together... This is bullshit and you know it!

-I was the one who denounced you...-He finally confessed. 

-You what?!-I couldn't believe. 

-Trust me, I had no other option. You busted Louis... He knew it all, my neck was on the line... If I didn't sell you out, I'd be an accomplice to your dubious methods. In 5 years I'm outta here, I intend to do so with a full pension plus benefits so I can enjoy the rest of my days besides my lady. Sorry, kid. It was you or me and I guess I chose too.