part 11

--Recap--

I also put my head on the trunk and listened to the sounds around me.
It was so calming and I really felt free now.
I lowered my wings and let the sounds drag me along the tree, just as I used to do.
But my moment was quite disrupted by a deep voice.

--
Y/n's .p.o.v.

"Hey! Who are you and what are you doing here ?!"

I turned to see a tall man with gray blue hair in front of me.

"Oh I'm sorry .. It's been so long since I've been here .. I just got carried away in the moment.
My name is Y / n. I am a halfling. "

The man looked at me confused and sighed.

"Ban, but it doesn't matter. I'm heading towards the heart of the kingdom now. If you want to come along, hurry up. Oh and that person behind me is Jericho." said the person named Ban.

I looked behind him and saw a beautiful girl standing behind him.
I gave her a smile and she nodded at me.

"Okay halfling let's go. I don't want to waste time."

I saluted at Ban and spread my wings and fly above them.
I saw the twinkle in their eyes when they saw my wings and I giggled.
When we were almost to the heart we were suddenly inundated with fairies shouting Ban his name.
But a fairy was silent, standing there alone with a small smile and her recognizable staff.
Tears came to my eyes and then flew up to her with full skill and gave her a hug.

"Gerheade! You're safe! I was worried about you!"

I filled Gerheade's breath and she pushed me back.
She looked me in the eye with tears in her eyes and grabbed my face.

"Y / n! You're still alive! Where were you ?! I have so many questions .." Gerheade said in a trembling voice.

"And I have plenty of time. I am back Gerheade and I can finally put an end to these difficult times."

"Um I'm sorry to interrupt your reunion, but I want to see Elaine." Ban said.

Gerheade then turned her head to Ban and nodded.

 "Ah of course. Y / n are you coming I want to introduce you to the sister of the new fairy king." said Gerheade.

I nodded in excitement and Gerheade immediately dragged me to the heart of the tree.
Inside the heart I saw a girl with flowers all around her.

"Y / n this is Elaine. She was the protector of the fountain you used to protect before disappearing."

"She's so beautiful .. I wish I could help her get out of her sleep .. She must have a hard time living but without a soul."

"How do you know she has no soul left halfling?" Ban said.

I turned and looked Ban in the eye.
I said nothing and flew over to the girl and stood in front of her.
I decided to help her sleep a bit and snapped my fingers.

"Moondrop .."

A red and white rose hung over her head and I dropped a drop on Elaine's head.
I immediately felt a stronger force coming from the girl and smiled.

"What have you done to her ?!" Ban shouted.

I turned to him and leaned forward.

"I'm sorry .. I used my powers to make her body a little stronger. But I promise you I didn't hurt her. But may I ask what happened to her ..?

I saw Ban's face turn pale, and I immediately knew I shouldn't have asked.

"She was killed when a red demon attacked. She gave her own life for mine." he said.

I smiled when he said that.

"That sounds like how Meliodas saved me .."

"Wait, did you say Meliodas ?!" Ban said, shocked.

I smiled at him and nodded.

"Yes, he spent his life in misery just to keep me safe. He asked me to be his girlfriend but I was never able to answer him .. I still regret it every day .."

Ban said nothing at all and Gerheade giggled.

"I remember how you used to sneak away to train with him. My brother was sometimes so worried that he went all over the woods or went. But when he found you he saw your happy face and all their worries were gone immediately."

I giggled.

"Yes d- I mean Gloxinia was always there for me."

"I don't think I miss him as much as you miss Meliodas but I would love to see him again .."

"But wait a minute the captain is not that far away here .. I think he might even be in Liones. If you really want to look for him I would go now."

I looked at Gerheade and he nodded.
She started to make a circle on the ground and hit the point twice on the ground.
Then suddenly a black hole appeared and I saw an entire castle through it.
I looked gratefully at Ban and he gave me a grin.
I was just about to jump in when Ban stopped me.