part 5

--Recap--

I grabbed her and started giving her a hug, not to think about the fact that she didn't like it.
The girl froze and did nothing at all.
After a few seconds she even started hugging me back and put her head on my shoulder.

---
Y/n's .p.o.v.

"I'm sorry. What can I do for you so that you smile again and get your fighting feeling back."

The girl lifted her head and pushed me back a little.

"I don't know .."

I looked into her eyes.

"Fight for the one you just lost. And show that person that you don't give up and keep going even if it seems like the end."

The girl looked at me in surprise and nodded.

"Thank you .. halfling."

I looked at her with wide eyes and nodded.

"My name is Derieri by the way, the commandment of purity."

"Pleased to meet you, I am Y / n the halfling." I said with a smile.

"Y / n it's nice that you helped her but you have to get out of here." said Estarossa's voice.

I looked at Estarossa with a stern face and shook my head.

"This time I'm not listening. If Meliodas wants me to leave here, he has to come and get me himself. I want to help you. Even though I'm not really part of your group. I don't think people should just kill so much of your race. So please Estarossa let me do this .. I want to help you ... Let me help you .. "

"Estarossa lets the girl do what she wants. And if our boss really wants to protect her so badly, he will come and get her, you know that," said an unknown voice.

I looked up at the person speaking and nodded to him as a thank you.
The person who was a man with a notch and red hair.
And a peculiar mustache.
I then looked back at Estarossa who was scratching his neck to pieces.

"You can stay, but when there is a really big dangerous event I'll take you away."

I threw my arms in the air and started cheering.

"Yay !!"

I heard people laugh and I put my arms down and started to laugh myself.

"Okay then folks let's get started! I feel like the biggest is yet to-"

I stopped in the middle of my sentence when I saw Meliodas standing with a large sword along with the same girl who just stood Derieri.
They looked close.
I got through it without tears in my eyes.
I was stiff and couldn't do anything except stare at the two of them.
I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up at the person.
I saw a famous person with black hair and beautiful wings behind me.
He saw tears in my eyes and then looked in the direction I was facing.
He pulled me towards him and he said nothing else.
I felt his arm point in the direction of Meliodas and heard an angry growl.

"What is he doing with her ?! And why doesn't he come looking for y / n! He only talks about her when he's not doing his job and now he's with the enemy?" Estarossa said angrily.

"Zeldris .. where is Gloxinia .. I need Gloxinia .." I said with a shudder in my voice.

"He won't come until later. He's not strong enough to move yet, but he said I had to go to you. Because he wanted you to be safe. But he's coming so don't worry, okay."

I nodded and pushed Zeldris away from me and looked back in the direction of Meliodas who was staring straight back at me.
I saw the concerns in his eyes, but also something else .. regret.
As if he knew what I was thinking and regretted seeing it.
Was this why it took me so long to see him again and he didn't come to see me.
Is this why he didn't want to look at me in the beginning?
I felt a bad twinge on my wrist and saw a small butterfly form with two hearts around it.
And the word love through the butterfly.
I had no idea what it was but shook it off.
I then looked away from Meliodas and turned to Zeldris.