Measure 74: The Semifinals

"Welcome to the third stage of The Games~! As requested from Negative 1, this stage will not require grueling hours of physical activity and...it's set up specifically so YOU can win!! I trust you recognize this trick yes, magician?"

"...Haa, of course I do. Any good 'magician' will, this is Harry Houdini's underwater escape..." -Gen said with a regrettable look.

"Precisely! YOU are guaranteed to win!"

Gen lowered his head and chuckled nervously, "This isn't what I had in mind at all

Gen lowered his head and chuckled nervously, "This isn't what I had in mind at all."

"Gen what's going on? Are you saying you won't win?" -Kohaku

"Ah. Not at all, HE'll win. It's a simple mistake, get over it mentalist."

"What? What's the mistake? What happened?" -Chrome

"Exactly, it's such a simple mistake it's embarrassing that I even— hahaa, I hate this." -Gen

"Gen? Are you okay?" -Yuzuriha

"I simply...misspoke. When I asked for a stage I could definitely win, I made the mistake of using the word 'I' and not 'we'. Which means, I'll win this round, but I can't say the same thing for the rest of you..." -Gen

"S-So you're saying this isn't safe?" -Suika

"Well if it's safety we're speaking about: not really. But I can guarantee no one will die. So let's explain the rules of the game for those who don't know it! You will all enter a wooden crate individually. Your hands will be tied with a rope and the crate will be submerged eight feet underwater. To make this easier, the crates have small holes punctured through the sides. Your mission is to untie the rope, exit the crate and swim back up to the surface and back to me & Neptune. Number 15, would you like to add something to that~?"

 Number 15, would you like to add something to that~?"

"Damn right I would like to add something...it takes 5 to 6 minutes for the average human to drown and die. So we need to solve this in less than 3 minutes, or we'll lose consciousness."

Ryusui walked up to the ocean and dipped his hand in, swirling it around the water.

"Don't worry Number 2, you won't die of hypothermia. Even in winter the lowest temperatures the water reaches here is 25 degrees Celsius."