Measure 49: Bummer Boomerang

Suika came back to our camp with all of the weeds we asked her to get. Then we soaked those in sodium hydroxide, the gooey stuff that came out was then washed, pressed, and dried.

And it was done! Now that we had paper I could start writing music easier than writing on leather.

"Ha! This flimsy stuff won't hold up against anything!" -Magma

"I hope you're not suggesting making the tank out of this?" -Kohaku

"No that's exactly it."

Senku picked up a wooden shield and glued the paper, I ironed both sides and, "Boom!"

"A paper shield!"

"It doesn't look half as fancy as shiny iron plates but it'll do the job

"It doesn't look half as fancy as shiny iron plates but it'll do the job."

"Yeah, now we can just glue this all around the Steam Gorilla and we'll get our tank."

"Senku. You might not know this but-" Kinro stepped off to the side mid sentence. He stabbed a tree and it fell down.

"AH! The tree!! What did it ever do to you Kinro?!" I ran to the tree to see if it could be fixed, of course not it's a tree.

"My point is a spear can penetrate through a wooden shield. I have a hard time believing your 'paper shield' will do much protection." -Kinro

"I think so too!" -Ginro

"Oh? Is that so? Well this can be the perfect test then." The two set up a tiny battle with an actual spear and our paper shield.

"That spear is the real deal huh? So no holding back." -Gen

I cupped my mouth and cheered, "Avenge the tree Senku!!!"

"This is dangerous Senku, I can't-" -Kinro

"It wouldn't be a test if you didn't attack at full strength, that's the rule. And according to you rules are rules right?"

"OooooOooOooOoooOoooo!!"

"Anzu stop adding to the fuel!!" -Gen

"Hehehe, call me a stoker cause I ain't stopping! Avenge the tree Senku-aghhh!!!!"

"Alright, then I won't hold back whatsoever." -Kinro

"Ooou! You got this Kinro!! Take it to a thousand horsepower!!!"
[^hehe if you get the inside joke youre golden in my book]

Gen facepalmed himself and I just laughed it off.

Kinro charged at Senku full-power.