Measure 27: Caves And Stones For You & I

We arrived at some random cave that Chrome was familiar with. And since we had better lighting we were able to dig a little deeper, but it was very cold.

We walked such a long distance that I was starting to feel tired, and since we were inside the cave I didn't know what time it was but it was probably nighttime.

"C-Chrome why don't we rest a little? We've only found tiny chips. Couldn't we have just smelted other minerals together?"

"Huh?! No way, I'm an explorer AND a science user! Besides how would we do that if you don't even know what minerals you're talking about." -Chrome

"Well sOrry, I didn't know the world was going to end so I didn't bother learning that stuff! I hope you're not overestimating humanity Chrome. Senku is a weird guy, no other high schooler knows how to build a freaking cell phone from scratch. Don't expect all of us to know the composition of a sulfa drug."

"So you're saying you're dumb?"

"Oi I may be stupid but I'm not dumb."

"Isn't that like the same thing— anyway come on let's get moving."

We started walking again, "It's not, at least in my book it's not? Like I said, Senku's just weird. There's nothing wrong with not knowing the history of the world and there's nothing wrong with knowing it."

"But you still know a lot. For a girl I mean."

"Wo-Woahhh where did that come from? 'For a girl'? Buddy! Ohoho you're living in the past, women are really smart too brother. I thought even you would know this, I mean Kohaku alone can beat Magma."

"That's true, eh I don't know. I mean didn't you suck up all of that knowledge from Senku?"

"I hope you don't mean it like how I think you're thinking. But to answer your question, yes and no."

"PFTT HAHAH! No! I don't mean it in that way! Although— shit that hurt!"

I elbowed him harshly on his side before he could say anything else, "Language boy. Don't get any ideas. I did learn a lot from being Senku's friend but I've always been interested in science. He just helped me discover newer sides."

"So you really are the fountain of knowledge?"

"I wouldn't call myself that but that's what the villagers say soo. Ehehe I actually like how it sounds, makes me feel badass."

He stayed quiet for a little. "You don't believe me do you?"

"No no I believe you." He said in a kind of sarcastic tone as we jumped over a small underground stream.

"Look, I know what you're thinking and my answer is no. I don't like him in that way. Senku is a good friend of mine and I don't want to ruin that. He's actually one of the first guys that actually takes me seriously. Either way, it just could never happen, I'm sure we both know that."

"Yeah you're right. Man he's never going to get married like that! He needs to open up more!"

"Speak for yourself Chrome, what about you and Ruri huuh??"

"W-What ABOUT Ruri and me?!"

"Haha! Nothing nothing I'm just joking with you."

"...Tsk what an idiot."

"...Tsk what a tsundere."

"I don't know what that is."

"And I do hehehehe."