Measure 46: Frisson

I continued traveling by night and when the morning came, around 8 a.m., I finally started recognizing the scenery. I swung through tree branches and clung to tree trunks. I could already see the science flag but as I flung off the last branch and was about to reach the roof of the science hut. Kohaku popped out of nowhere and scared me. She tackled me down to the ground and I hit my head.

"Who are— oh Anzu! You're back!" -Kohaku

"Am I? I didn't know!" I said sarcastically while holding my head, I hit a rock so it was bleeding a bit but it's nothing too serious. I hugged her and she got off me. I was hoping the rest of the team would be back by now so I would just blend in...but they weren't.

"Ishigami Senku! Hi!!!! What's up buddy?!" I high fived him harshly and bro hugged him. "So what. Is. Up?! How's the gang?!"

"Oh yeah yeah we're good, everything is just peachy." He said in an oddly calm voice.

Hm

Hm. Maybe I'm safe then, he'll never find out.

"Cool! I just got lost twice so you know, I decided to come back before everyone else—"

"DO YOU THINK I'M AN IDIOT DOI ANZU?!"

"Uh yes...?"

"DO YOU?!"

"N-No no sir, no way. Wouldn't dream of it sir!"

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU WERE TRYING TO PULL OFF DOI ANZU?! HUH?! TRYNNA BETRAY US TO TSUKASA?! THERE IS NO WORD IN THE DICTIONARY TO DESCRIBE HOW STUPID THAT WAS OF YOU!"

"YO wait a damn minute! I'm not stupid!"

"Eh? No you're right you're not stupid, YOU'RE A COMPLETE ASS!"

"WOAH! NAH DUDE, YOU'RE THE ASS FOR CALLING ME AN ASS!"

"ONLY ASSES GO AROUND WANDERING INTO THE ENEMY'S LAND! WHAT PART OF 'he tried to kill me' DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?!"

"I JUST SPOKE WITH HIM! HE DIDN'T ATTACK ME! Well except when I kinda sneaked up on him."

"I WILL KILL YOU DOI ANZU!"