Measure 60: We Keep This Love In A Photograph

"Nerd...pinch me cause I feel like I'm dreaming."

"Eh? Alright."

"Ow! What the hell!"

"What? You said to punch you."

"I said pinch! Not punch!
P-I-N-C-H!"

"Oh gotcha!"

"Oww! Not anymore, you already punched me!"

"You're difficult to understand kid."

"I'm difficult?! Oh my goodness. Says the sketchy chemist."

"Sketchy?! I'm not the one loading up on magic mushrooms!"

"You know what, you know what?"

"What? What?"

"Oh nothing I forgot, hehe anyways—"

"Miss Anzu would you like to help me?" Francois asked as they were about to start kneading the dough for the bread. "I'll need everyone's help in fact."

"Yes! I'm coming~!"

"So difficult..."

Francois placed me in between Senku and Ryusui to knead the dough. They handed me a pretty big chunk and Francois explained what I should do. So I looked at Francois first and then copied their movements.

"Wow I think I'm in love

"Wow I think I'm in love."

"What? From making bread? Really?"

"I mean isn't Francois amazing?"

"We don't even know Francois' gender."

"Oh right! I didn't even pay attention to that, I knew I was missing something—"

"Excuse me, Master Ryusui and Master Senku, if you knead it like that all of the nuts will fall out and it'll definitely burn!" Francois smacked their hands with a tiny spatula. "Miss Anzu please help them a bit if you don't mind."

"Of course~!" I stuck out my tongue at Senku and he mocked me.

A few moments later, we took the dough over to the oven, a new oven I hadn't even noticed before.

"With fire above and below you can control the temperature separately."

"Pure excellence, you have my sincerest gratitude. After all, to answer everyone's 'desire' is part of our work. Because desire = justice." -Francois

Desire = justice ? I'm not sure I understand that. I always thought desiring things was bad. In fact all of my life I've been living like that. Thinking desire is a sign of weakness. Because if you show what you truly want, your mind is overpowered by greed and arrogance. And if you tell others what you want, they'll sure take it away from you.