Measure 7: Let There Be Light

"Alright! We've acquired iron!" -Chrome

"Woohoo!!!" I cheered, after resting last night the sudden pain I had in my ankle lifted up.

The day was looking pretty and the clouds signaled that there would be some incoming rain.

Earlier in the morning when I was going to take Suika out to the shore to feed the fishies and I was going to sort some herbs, I overheard Senku and Gen discussing something.

Gen said, "A few words from me and your plan will be ruined. 'Tsukasa, Senku is alive. And he's revived his own lovely scientist girlfriend.'"

That phrase alone was enough to make me frown, not at the nickname but because he was right. I mean yeah I don't care about this war but still, if Gen gave us away it'd be game over. Everything we did would be ruined. And who knows, maybe all of us would be decapitated. Which would work out for me but not my friends.

While we were cheering for our new iron bar, Gen spoke up, " 'All I found was a primitive village. Senku is definitely dead.' These simple words would spare you."

"I'd really appreciate that."

"Heh, I'm the world's most shallow man Senku. If I could live worry free and with my own harem of cute girls such as your miss long haired beauty, I'd be happy forever! I don't care if either of you die here. I'm simply going to cheer for the side I think will win. And right now, this decision lies in my hands. I have the power to decisive who gets an advantage here." -Gen

"Suika come here." I picked up Suika in my arms and covered her ears. I heard from afar Gen's thoughts and his mindset right now were very similar to mine.

"Big sis Anzu, what's that word Gen said mean? Harem?" -Suika asked innocently.

Oh shit, "Uhh don't worry about it right now. I'll explain when you're older okay? How about we leave this conversation for the adults and I'll teach you a little more about music hm? You wanna sing?"

"Yes, yes please!!" -Suika

Suika and I stepped away for a bit and I spoke to her about 'Dedicated To You' which she had heard me sing before. Then we heard lightening and rushed back to the hut.

"Suika! Great timing, get me the lacquer used on Kohaku's shield! It's somewhere in the village!"

"Okay!" Suika let go of my hand and rolled all the way to and back from the village with the lacquer.

"Senku what are you doing? You're allergic to lacquer-"

"Oh no! Magma is heading over here!" -Kohaku

"We can't go at war with the villagers right now!"

"Ah, I guess I'll just have to help you then. I rather not die right now. Suika, could you get me a few flowers?" -Gen

Suika followed his instructions; he saw me frowning at him and handed me a flower.

"A pretty flower for the pretty lady."

"Gen-"

"Flowers over war, miss long haired beauty." Gen smiled innocently and went to face Magma. He showcased the flowers and I facepalmed myself with a smile.

"We're doomed."

"No I think he's onto something."

Gen spoke some words and then performed a little visual trick that made it seem like the flowers disappeared. Magma and his comrades freaked out and eventually left.