"Don't fucking touch me."

Adhara only cocked a brow. Her arms crossed, she looked at her cousin, amused. "My, my, cousin. Didn't think you had it in you to swear. What would your father think of this improper display of emotions?" She didn't care anymore about hiding her own emotions at this point. Months of being taunted by the asshole, months of having him insulting her friends. She was fed up with Draco Malfoy, and she was going to jab him where it hurt.

"You seem to care a lot about what your father thinks. Or am I wrong, cousin?"

Malfoy's face contorted into several emotions before finally settling on outraged. "How dare you! Do you even know who you're-"

And then, Adhara did exactly what would infuriate him further. She turned around and ignored him completely, cutting him off mid-sentence in the process. She heard him stutter on his words from behind her.

Malfoy kept speaking, trying to gain back her attention. He grumbled under his breath when he realized none of his jeers were working.

"You'll be sorry. When he comes back and you end up on the losing side, you'll be sorry then!"

Adhara only rolled her eyes at the pathetic attempt.

"He's only doing the right thing, you know! Cleansing the world of what's bad to make a better one for us wizards!"

That made the Slytherin girl stop in her tracks. She turned around, eyes wide. Don't tell her this kid actually believed in that nonsense? Cleansing? Really?

Malfoy smirked when he finally gained her attention, acting like a child who managed to trick an adult into giving him two cookies instead of one.

He crossed his arms and confidently leaned onto the tree he was pushed against only minutes ago.

"Excuse me? What did you just say?"

Malfoy frowned. He didn't like having to repeat himself, but this was keeping Adhara's attention on him, so he'd have to comply.

"The Dark Lord is only doing the right thing. He-"

"The right thing?" she interrupted. Adhara looked completed taken aback by Malfoy's comment. She brought her index and her thumb to the bridge of her nose, rubbing it harshly. "For the second brightest kid in our year, you sure are dumb."

"Wha-"

"You think Voldemort-" she noticed how he flinched at the name"-did what he did because of some sort of moral sense of duty?"

"Of course. He wanted to rid of the world of mudbloods. Rightfully so. What other reason would he have?"

Adhara was looking at him as if he was the stupidest person on the planet.

"He insisted everyone call him Lord. Isn't it obvious what he wanted?"

Draco was still confused.

"He wanted power, and that was his way of achieving it."

He blinked a few times, not understanding where she was going. "Of-Of course he wanted power. You need power to achieve what he wanted to accom-"

"Draco, listen to yourself. Are you even listening to yourself?" Adhara still rubbed her nose. "You sound like you're making excuses, which is exactly what you're doing."

"Wh-why would-"

"Draco, no. Power. That's all he cared about. Unleashing a war is never about doing the right thing. It has always been about gaining control, about gaining power."