𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝕾𝖔 𝕳𝖆𝖕𝖕𝖞 𝕸𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗'𝖘 𝕯𝖆𝖞 part 1

1 week later

It was morning and you've never felt more tired in your life. Postpartum was no joke and it reminded you of how many things in your life has changed.

You sighed as you laid in a fetal position on your bed which you tossed and turned in all night.

"(y/n)?" Illumi whispered as he tapped your shoulder.

You whined and pulled the silk covers over your head and mumbled, "Go away...."

The assassin hummed and replied, "I'm guessing you don't look at the calendar much as you would know today is Mother's Day."

You sighed and sat up on the bed, yawning and rubbing your eyes as you tried to clear your vision. And then you saw Illumi clearly, he held up a bouquet of your favorite flowers and a decorative bag.

"Oh... are these for me?" You asked.

He nodded and handed you the gifts and stared at you intensely as he wanted to see your reaction when you opened it.

"I see, you got me a goodie basket."

"Bingo." Illumi replied.

You let out a breath of exhaustion. "Thank you." You said solemnly.

It's only been one week since you've had the twins and your state of mental health changed drastically. You didn't have a clue as to why you felt so detached, but you did know that it was a sign of postpartum depression.

"Do you not like it?" Illumi questioned. "It's perfectly fine if you don't like my gift, all I want is your honesty."

"What do you mean? I never said I didn't like it... matter of fact I said thank you."

"That's good enough, I have something special for you." Illumi said as he pulled out a white card.

You took it out of his hands and examined it with curiosity. "What's this?" You questioned.

"It's a letter fitting for a holiday like this, I promised someone I would give it to you on this very day. "

You nodded and carefully ripped the letter open and pulled out a light green card decorated with pink flowers. You cleared your throat in a light cough and began to read what it says,

"Dear (y/n),

It's Ms. Fritz here, I'm writing this letter in a hurry as Illumi only allowed me a minute of pity before he kills me, I'm sorry for what I did to you. But that's not what I really want to say, after I split up to go inside the club with Hisoka I did get a few seconds to talk to your mom. You know you look just like her, just so beautifully put together. Anyways my time is running out so what I really want to tell you is that Spen is your brother."

You finished reading the letter as you sat on the bed in shock of the news.

"Who is this Spen she speaks of?" Illumi questioned.

"He's some guy I met in Glam Gas Land, but I consider him a friend." You answered.

Illumi frowned as a bit of blood lust laced his large pupils, he wasn't accepting of that at all. "It's becoming quite repetitive having to tell you over and over again that you have no friends. You're not allowed to and with a man no less. So it leaves me to wonder if you slept with him?"