23

Yangyang almost cried, reminiscing about what happened just two years ago. He managed to hold them back but in the end he let them fall knowing that the past was now being repeated just way worse than before. He curled up in a ball and sobbed his heart out. Why did these things always happen to them? Why can't they just get a break for once and live peacefully? 

Tears of frustration and anger rolled down his cheeks as he got angrier and angrier. In a fit of rage he threw his phone against the wall and undoubtedly it broke. He didn't care if it broke or if anyone heard he just wanted his brother and cousin back. 

"Yangyang....are you ok?" Chenle came to check up on him but trailed off when he saw his condition. 

His eyes widened and was by Yangyang's side in an instant. He hugged Yangyang in his embrace and Yangyang just let him. It hurt for Chenle to see Yangyang like this. The only time he has seen him cry this much was over a year ago and around that time things weren't so...well between the three of them and Yangyang. 

He hugged Yangyang even tighter and hummed a song that always helped them calm down at times like this. It was a song their parents made especially for them when they were younger and had trouble sleeping or calming down. It always helped so he wasn't surprised when Yangyang started calming down. He was more relieved instead. 

After Yangyang had calmed down Chenle decided to tell him about the guests downstairs. He wasn't so sure how Yangyang would take it considering that three of the guests were especially close with Renjun and Haechan. He contemplated telling him but in the end he had to do so. 

"Hey Yangyang?" 

"Hm"

"We have guests over and your parents told me to come and get you so that you can at least greet them." Chenle backed away a bit waiting for Yangyang to answer. 

"Ok I'll be over in a sec. Just have to get ready." Yangyang added in when Chenle seemed hesitant in leaving him alone. 

Chenle nodded and left his room while he got up and washed his face to get rid of his tear stains. He looked at himself in the mirror and grimaced when he didn't like how he looked. He got his brush and started brushing hair to make it look presentable and put on some light makeup. He never was one to put makeup on knowing he was attractive with or without makeup but right now he looked like shit so he put makeup on. 

He looked at his outfit and hummed in approval when he found it decent enough. With a sigh he exited his room but then came back for his phone just to let out a sigh of disappointment when he saw how broken it looked. He pouted now regretting throwing it on the wall. He was lucky he had backed up everything and jotted down all of his passwords otherwise he would be doomed. 

With another sigh he left his room and went downstairs to the living room where everyone was currently at. When he reached the living room he didn't bother looking up from the ground and just sat down on one of the many sofas. But when he did look up he almost choked on air when he made eye contact with someone very familiar. 

The person he made eye contact with was the one and only Hendery. It seemed as if he wasn't the only one who was surprised because Hendery had wide eyes and his mouth was agape. If he wasn't so conscious about everyone staring at them he would've teased him about how he looked and even snapped some pictures for blackmail. 

"Hendery sweetie can you come here for a sec?" Jaehyun called Hendery over not noticing anything. 

"Huh? Oh yeah coming." Hendery broke out of his daze and with one last glance at Yangyang he walked over to his dad.