16

Mark was currently in bed, bored out of his mind. He had nothing to do, he was already done with all of his homework and wasn't in the mood to do whatever the others were doing. He closed his eyes, about to fall asleep when suddenly his phone went off. He groaned and tried grabbing his phone without really moving but obviously failed.

So with another groan he moved over and grabbed his phone. He was ready to curse at whoever interrupted him but when he noticed it was his dad he kept quiet.  

"Hi dad," he greeted with a tired smile on his face. 

"Hi Mark," his dad, Jaehyun, greeted back. A smile on his face with his dimples showing. 

"What are you calling for?" He asked as politely as he could. 

"No reason, just wanted to see you and your brother." 

"Hendery isn't here right now but I can tell him to come if you want me to." Mark told him, getting ready to stand up and go call Hendery. 

"You don't have to, I'll call him once I'm done with you." Jaehyun answered. 

"Oh" 

The rest of the call was pretty awkward between them. They weren't that close when it came to socializing but they trusted each other with everything and would occasionally open up to each other. 

"Bye dad," Mark waved goodbye at his dad. 

"Bye Mark," Jaehyun gave him one last dimpled smile, Mark returning the smile. 

His dad ended the call and he couldn't help but sigh in relief. He wasn't a big fan of awkward moments or situations, he wasn't even an awkward person. As he had his phone in his hand already he scrolled through it. 

While he was scrolling through his social media he suddenly stopped at one of the posts. It was a post of Haechan with his brother and cousins. They looked like they were enjoying themselves. Next to them were other people that looked familiar to him. 

He gasped when he realized who they were. It was the members of NCT, his parent's friends and band members. He was confused as to how the hell they knew them but he slowly began to understand when he read the caption. 

Even though he and Haechan's group were slowly becoming friends it was still hard for him to strike up a conversation with them especially with Haechan. 

He didn't know why but he somehow always became nervous whenever Haechan would glance at him or just be in his presence. He actually did have an idea as to why but didn't want to admit it or even think about it. 

He debated whether he should like the post or not considering his parents were also in the post. Don't tell anyone but another reason he wanted to like it was because of Haechan, he just didn't know it himself. 

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

Days later he was walking to his third class of the day, the corner of his eyes a mix of a color of red and purple. He had just gotten in a fight with some guys and thankfully hasn't gotten in trouble. Yet.

He knew he was bound to get in trouble but he hoped today wasn't one of the days where he did. There were times when he would get in trouble but there were times when he also wouldn't.

Most teachers were already used to him and the others getting fights so they didn't really do anything. One of the reasons being that their parents were and are part of the most famous bands and another being that the teachers loved them and treated them like their own sons. 

Well except one of the teachers, their science teacher. Mr. Gwan. (A/n This is a surname I found on Google so please don't assume anything) He hated their guts and would always give them harder questions on their tests. They never really knew why he hated them and they still don't.