Time to dig the past...

Sorry, for ceasing at a cliffhanger.
After reading all the comments, I decided to update today itself.
Enjoy :-)...

Grandfather POV

After Grace fell down crying, my heart broke watching her condition.

Only I am the one to be blamed for it.

I pulled her up and made her sit on the bed. I grabbed her phone, in which a boy around her age was screaming for Grace, in worry. Seeing me on the video call, he stopped and quietly asked whether she was alright.

I did see genuine concern for Grace in his eyes.

I held Grace's hand to support her, who was now sleeping on my lap peacefully. My heart swelled with happiness with her actions and presence.

My attention soon diverted to the phone call. "Who are you? How do you know my Granddaughter?" I asked firmly, the boy named Apple or Pineapple, I am not quite sure, from what I heard earlier.

"Hello Sir, I am Acer Williams," he said confidently. I was quite impressed with his composure.

'Wait a sec, Williams as in American Mafia.'

"Are you by any chance related to the American Mafia? " I inquired a bit rudely.

Nodding in response he spoke," Yes, I am Shane's Son Acer, the heir of American Mafia".

I could see the similarities between him and Shane, as I knew Shane since Childhood. He was Alessandro's best friend in school and college. But there was some dispute for unknown reasons, leading to enmity between both Mafias. Even Elora had lost her close companion Olivia, as she had to break her friendship for the loyalty towards the Italian Mafia.

"How do you know my daughter? What are you to here?", I asked suspiciously

"Sir, I am her boyfriend," he answered with conviction.

Oh boyfriend, wait, WTH she is so young to date or even has a boyfriend. She is just a baby for crying out loud.

I wonder how the family will react after hearing this...

"No way am I allowing you to date her. How can I trust an enemy anyway? You might use her to avenge us. I won't tolerate it," I replied firmly taking a decision.

"I am sorry, but I can't live without her. I have already asked Antonio's permission and I assure you that I am not planning to use her. I would rather die for her than betray her", he spoke with much sincerity.

I could see the benevolence in his eyes, finding it very difficult to deny him.

" So...um is she really, Graciella," I asked wanting to confirm it, before coming to any conclusion. I already had my doubts that she is my Princess but kept denying it thinking of all the evidence we found out during their death. There was always a hope that she would be alive, but I unsuccessful in finding her to prove it.

"Yes, Mr Sergio, she is indeed your Mafia princess Graciella. She is alive in flesh as well as Elora," he informed me.

She is, my princess OMG, I can't believe it.

Wait, he said as well as Elora. So it means she is also alive.

How I missed my daughter!

"Are you saying the truth, is Elora also alive, ?", I asked in utter disbelief.

This was too much to intake.

" I am stating the truth, Sir. I think it will be better, if Graciella or Antonio tells you the entire truth, as it is not my part to say so. Just one thing, if you still have a doubt just ask her to take her lens off. You can undoubtedly see your hereditary grey eyes to confirm it," he said smiling a little.