Who is 'My Backup'

Grace POV

I need to get out of here as soon as possible. I need to call my Backup to distract Mason so that I can easily leave the secret passage before he notices me. "I need urgent help. Quick, distract Mason as long as possible", I spoke quickly on the phone call.

I kept the files back in its place trying to touch as little as possible to avoid leaving any fingerprint impression. I slowly left the room and shut the door quietly. I could hear some noise on the first floor. I hope he is able to hold for a minute longer, so I can undoubtedly escape.

I reached the staircase when I heard some footsteps coming upwards. With each step, my heart started beating faster and faster.

Suddenly, there was a loud scream which was Edward's voice. The sounds of steps stopped and sprinted towards the scream downstairs.

OMG, it was such a close escape! I really missed a heartbeat! Next time I really need to be more careful. UFF!!

Without any further delay, I hurriedly ran downstairs towards the scream, which now changed into a whimpering noise. When I reached there, I saw Edward who had scraped his right knee and was crying in pain, whereas Bella was trying to comfort him.

'My Backup' was standing next to the door while Sara was nursing Edward's wound. Mason was 'trying' to mollify him. "It's ok, you should be careful next time. I have already warned you countless times not to run around and create nuisance to hurt yourself," Mason said in an impassive tone.

He actually doesn't know how to handle children, especially who are hurt. He is literally scolding at him instead of diverting Edward's attention from his injury.

"Edward, you are a big boy now, you need to learn to get accustomed to this pain. It's ok to cry and let your sorrows out. But you need to be Brave to fight back, OK? ", I said, trying to make him understand the reality of life.

"OK Grace, it's not paining much now. I am a big boy, I'll be more careful next time", Edward said facing both me and Mason.

Mason gave me an infuriated look as if this mishap was my fault.
"Grace, where were you when this happened? ", Mason questioned.

"I ....was umm... we were playing Hide N Seek, so I was searching for them", I replied trying to sound less conspicuous. He looked at me with doubtful eyes. But luckily he believed my stupid excuse. "Take it as a warning, this should not happen again", Mason said in his cold voice.

I could see the care and concern he had in his eyes towards the twins.
Mason left along with Sara. I was left only with the Twins and 'MY BACKUP' who is.......

'THE UNKNOWN PERSON' (previous chapters)

FLASHBACK

"Dad, where is Sawyer and Acer? ", I asked with Alina besides me, who had just entered the mansion from Starbucks. "I don't know Grace, maybe they are in the Training Room" Dad said ambiguously.

You all might be wondering who the hell these people might be, but you're not wrong. They are hell lot of a person in the real life, who will not even fear to put a bullet between anyone's eyes.

They are my best friends. We have known each other since we were in 'Diapers'.

It's kind of weird, but Sawyer and I never got along in childhood, if it weren't for Alina and Acer. Sawyer and I used to always fight over every small thing. I used to never trust him, because he would always prank others and blame it on me.

But once when we were all on the way back from MC Donald's we were ambushed by some small gang. They thought it would be a great idea to pick on the Mafia Kids, to payback the American Mafia Leader Shane.

In the parking lot they tried to attack us. They tried to scare us by showing guns. But they didn't know that it was a child's play for us. Stupid Fools!!!

They attacked us thinking that we couldn't fight back. (It's common sense that one should have a background check on his enemies before attacking).

We all had our knives ready for the attack. It was awesome that we could actually fight the gang and use the training that we all practiced for years.

Acer and Sawyer relied on Hand to Hand fight, whereas Alina was trying to contact Shane so that we could get some external help if things turned dirty. I fought with knives trying my best, not to kill them. They were newbies, so they couldn't stand against us.
SORE LOSERS!

One of them tried to catch hold of Alina's hand. But before he could even touch her she kicked him where the sun does not shine! The leader of the group aimed his gun towards Alina's forehead. Acer and Sawyer were busy fighting the other goons, didn't notice this. I ran in her direction hoping that I could reach on time to save her.

""Alina back down now!" I screamed on top of my voice. I went flying towards her, and we both landed on the ground narrowly missing the bullet. The leader saw that he had no chance of winning, so he flew away from the scene.

Angered by the fact that they couldn't harm even a hair of ours, one of them decided to attack Ace when he was alone. Fortunately, Sawyer saved Ace's life in danger. In the nick of time he pushed Ace aside and took the bullet himself. Thank God! The bullet just grazed his shoulder and it was not serious.

That was the day, our relationship completely changed. I was grateful for his sacrifice, and he earned my full trust that day onward.

We all attended the school together as the 'Untouchables'. Nobody had the power to beat us or even the guts to face us.

Ace and Sawyer were specialized in Hand-to-Hand Combat whereas I and Alina were specialized with Knives. We used to participate in Street racing together. We all were always together, I never thought that anything could ever change our bond or discrete us.

But how Wrong I was.

That incident changed our lives completely. It was my fault that we all sneaked out together that night.

It was my fault that we all got drunk that we couldn't defend myself.

It was my fault that Alina died. It was all my freaking fault that I couldn't save my best friend.

I can never forget myself from this guilt.

It still hurts me whenever I look in Sawyer's eyes. He loved her more than anything else in the world. I can never return his love. But I will surely avenge all the people who were involved in that incident that stole my best friend!

I will never forgive or forget them.

The time gap has only increased my quench for vengeance and I will retaliate in the worst possible manner they ever thought.

Just wait and Watch!

Flashback over.

I went downstairs in the kitchen to help Sara prepare the Lunch. When I entered the kitchen, Sara looked at me suspiciously. I couldn't decipher what that look purports. Before I could ask anything, she left.

Did Sara know about my little adventure upstairs? I started preparing myself for the worst possible outcome.

_______________________________________

Do you think that Sara will be able to catch Grace red-handed? Or know about her motives ?

What do you think about Sawyer ?

________________________________________

Hey guys,
Thank you for reading my book.
Thank you for your votes and comments.
Stay tuned for more updates.

________________________________________